Thursday 19 March 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #157

Hi everybody, really hope your all coping well with the virus outbreak. It certainly is a crazy time and not knowing what will happen next month let alone next week is quite unsettling. I hope your all safe and well, and maybe enjoying your time at home, perhaps even doing a bit of crafting too.




We have a very special theme for the current challenge at TIME OUT. We are celebrating our 6th birthday which is just amazing!! I joined the team only a few months after the challenge began and I'm over the moon with how much it has grown in popularity. We have so many wonderful, generous Sponsors and even our Design Team has increased.  And it makes me so happy to see so many entries, especially from people who join us every fortnight, sometimes more than once. Thank you so much everyone for supporting our challenge and here's to many more years to come!!

Our Sponsor for this birthday challenge is Stamplorations who have been a HUGE Sponsor from the start!! The owner Shery was also part of our Design Team for a very long time, so we have an extra-special relationship with her company. She is giving a $40 gift voucher to a random winner picked from people who use the challenge 'Optional Twist - die cutting or fussy cutting'.




For my card I wanted to do some colouring and to create a background using some floral stamps:

 

The is a dogwood flower, reminds me of the five dogwood tree's we had along our fenceline. They were gorgeous when flowering but never seemed to grow, so we had to remove them. Such a shame....

Using a panel of white CS, I stamped the Stamplorations 'Dogwood - Large', trying to get the images close together. I wanted a really soft coloured look, so decided just to use my Faber Castel basic pencils, using three shades of pink, a light blue around the outside and a pop of yellow for the middle. I used a MFT Stamps waffle-edged die from the 'Blueprints 27' set. I then decided to do something different for the sentiment. I used a Uniquely Creative 'Stitched Nesting Rounded Rectangles' die towards the bottom of the panel.

I cut a panel of light blue CS and adhered to the card front. I then put the floral panel on some white foam. The die-cut piece was glued into the die-cut hole. I white heat embossed the sentiment from Stamplorations 'Balloons and Banners' on some pink CS and put on foam tape. I then finished off with some Studio Katia 'Lemon Burst' pearls.

You have until Wednesday 25th March to link your projects to the TIME OUT Challenge and if your needing any inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Christine of Experiments in Craft have created for you. Can't wait to see all your birthday projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. yep-you have been with us nearly from the beginning and been inspiring us all since then and this card is no exception. Such pretty colours and gorgeous soft wash...but a big wow to how you used that die and sentiment-super design x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Shona. Love your coloring, the detail of the pearls and the little die cut for the sentiment... just wonderful. Be well.

    ReplyDelete