Thursday 5 March 2020

Uniquely Creative - 'Oriental' Stamp and Colour Kit - Best Wishes

Hi there, have just been running around the yard with our Golden Retriever Bella while Remy the kitten watched. She is so curious and even tried to join in but Bella keeps standing on her because she doesn't realise how huge she is. So glad Remy has fitted in with our family perfectly and we all love her to bits!!

 I wanted to share another card with you made using the recently released Uniquely Creative - Stamp and Colour Kit - Oriental. It has the most gorgeous stamp set and the die is incredible. There are a lot of options too for add-on products like stamp sets and dies. When I saw the Koi fish on one of the add-on sets I immediately knew I wanted to have a play with some alcohol inks:


I had so much fun doing the background for this card. I recently saw a video by Jennifer McGuire where she showed off the New Release Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and a new air blower tool, which would be so much better than me blowing my guts out through my straw. Makes me very lightheaded!!

I started by stamping the fish and lily pads from the Add-On set 'Best Wishes' using Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS. I then coloured them with my Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out. Unfortunately I didn't have access to any of the dies with this release but there are matching dies available.

On a piece of Tim Holtz Yupo paper I added some Ranger 'Pistachio' and 'Aqua' alcohol inks, along with some Ranger Blending Solution and blew with my straw. I kept adding and blowing until I was happy with the pattern, and then left it to dry. 

I cut a panel of black CS and adhered to the card front and then popped the alcohol panel up on some black foam. The lily pads were glued to the panel and the koi put on foam tape for dimension. The sentiment (from the same stamp set) was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS and put on foam tape, along with some 'Mint Rhinestones'. 


I still have a few more cards to share with you using this kit. Will have to see if I can get my hands on the dies as well, especially the one that comes with the kit itself. I feel some shopping coming on.....

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment