Monday 30 March 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - New Release - Day 1

Hi everyone!! We are on Day 4 of our whole country lock down and so far I haven't run out of things to do. Luckily I've had a lot of New Release's to get organised for and lots of cards to make. And I even downloaded Tik-Tok on my phone so Phoebe and I can learn dances together, which is fun and embarrassing at the same time.





Today is the start of us showing off the New Release from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!!  All of the new stamp sets are available to purchase right now. And we thought we'd share some ideas on how to use them over the next four days. 

For Day 1 we are introducing 'Hot Mama': 

It has the coolest '80's vibe' font and the largest sentiment fits a card front perfectly, so of course I had to try that one out first with my card:

 
 As you can see I was inspired by the 'hot' part of this stamp and wanted to try and create some heat with my colours.

I started by adhering a panel of black CS to the card front and then a panel of yellow CS over top, leaving a tiny frame around the outside. Using a piece of Tim Holtz Yupo paper I blended Ranger Alcohol Inks 'Flamingo', 'Lemonade' and 'Salmon', adding Blending Solution where needed. Once I was happy with the pattern I left it to dry.

On a piece of white CS I stamped the sentiment 3x with Versafine Onyx ink and clear heat embossed to give a glossy finish. I fussy cut around it and added white foam to the back. I used the largest of the 'Bubble Box Fri-Dies' to cut out the alcohol ink and put it on a piece of black foam. I glued the sentiment on top as well as some pearls from Studio Katia.



As I mentioned the stamp sets can be purchased right now, so if you feel like doing some shopping don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%, as every penny counts these days.



Thank you so much for coming by and don't forget to check out the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created and there may also be a giveaway......

Please stay safe and I'll see you back here tomorrow with a look at stamp set #2.

Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. I can almost feel the heat coming off that alcohol inked panel...the color is amazing. Fussy cutting the sentiment as such a good idea so it didn't hide all the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo - one smokin' hot card there Shona - brilliant work!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete