Wednesday 25 March 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - March New Release - Preview Day 1

Hi everyone, I hope you are all safe and well in this crazy time. We are a few hours away from a complete country shut-down (New Zealand) and I've spent the past few days finishing off work and getting my family, my Mum and others ready for 4 weeks of self isolation. Its so scary and I'm petrified of my Mum getting sick (she is 80 yrs old). My son Max is 13yrs and was born with damaged lungs and a terrible immune system, so I'm doing my best to keep him and the rest of my family safe from harm.

In doing so this email should have gone out last night so I do apologise to you all who came to my website from Funky Fossil Design to find no New Release post. I've got everything up to date now and four weeks to craft and hang out with my kids. Its my dream come true but not exactly how I wanted it to come about.....



Anyway, on to a much happier note!  As you will have seen by the title of this post Funky Fossil Design are releasing new stamp sets this Saturday 28th March and they are gorgeous!! We are doing 4 days of previews and then a big release post for Saturday. I'm sure you will love the sets as much as I do!

Introducing today's preview - Cupcake Crazy:




This is such a fantastic 'sweet' set and the cupcakes are the perfect size for cards and scrapbooking etc. For my card I wanted to use all three cupcakes (because I'm greedy, especially with cake....):

 

Don't you just wish these were real??! I haven't had any dinner so could possibly still eat them, paper and all....

I started by stamping the cupcakes using Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS, colouring with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. I wanted to use the same images for the background but have it be more 'subtle', so I stamped them on the card front using Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' pink ink. I popped the cupcakes up on foam tape, along with the white heat embossed sentiment and finished off with Neat and Tangled sequins.

There is also a GIVEAWAY!!! One lucky person will win all of the 5 New Release stamp sets randomly picked from comments left on any of the New Release posts, which includes blog and instagram posts of the Design Team. That's one fantastic prize and all the details are on the Funky Fossil Designs Blog.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by. Thank goodness for the internet at a time like this, (so glad I don't get charged by the hour for Netflix) and I'll see you back here very soon with our second day of previews.

Take care of each other
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. I was reading through your blog post. Yes I can understand you concern about your family's health. My mom is 90 and in a care center and I am the one with the lung and immune system problems similar to your son. Funny how the weather is so different. We are coming out of winter here and all we have is cold, gray rainy days. We cant wait for some sun and warmth. And yes what would we do without crafting. Lol. Beautiful work on the release projects! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your family safe...that's our job and we're good at it. I, too, am sorry all this additional crafting time came about this way. All we can do is take advantage of it which you seem to be doing quite well. These cupcakes look fabulous. Just like I could wrap my lips around one and bite down. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete