Tuesday 26 May 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - 2020 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

Hello there!! It poured with rain yesterday which was glorious, and then it rained last night to make the ground even more soggy, so no gardening for me today. However, it gave me a chance to finish off a few cards, make some new ones and create the need for me to vacuum once again around my crafting area!!


 The 2020 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop is in full swing at the moment and as I write this there are 715 entries!! I love how popular this hop has become and the inspiration from all the different projects entered is extraordinary!


Funky Fossil Designs is one of the Sponsors for the Blog Hop and they are also having a SALE for Blog Hop week with 15% off everything in store until the 29th May. All you have to do is use the code FOSSIL15 at the checkout!!

For my card I wanted to use bright, Summery colours and even got quite bold with a different card shape for a change:


When I made this card I didn't quite factor in how tricky it would be to photograph. My usual 'standing card' didn't work because it was too wide and even laying it down and shooting from the top was tricky as there was so much space around the card. So my favourite Rachel Carley side plate saved the day!!

I started off by white heat embossing the cup from the 'Folksy Christmas' stamp set 5x on white CS. I then blended Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade over each one, adding concentrated colour to the lids. 

I decided on a 7 x 2.5 inch card base so that the cups just fit on there nicely in a row. I wanted some cardstock in the background and finally decided on some kraft CS because it reminded me of the beach, so I cut a 2 inch strip and adhered in place. After fussy cutting the cups I put them on the card with some foam tape. The sentiment (from the 'Happy Words' stamp set) was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS and was glued in place, along with pearls from Studio Katia. 


I've got another card to share with you tomorrow that is a more normal size and has some beautiful Spring flowers. Hope to see you then!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

2 comments:

  1. These coffee cups look so cheery & inviting. I'm glad you it rained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Shona - love your cheerful colours and the slight ombre effect in the inking
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete