Monday 4 May 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #1 for May

Hi everyone, I hope your having a wonderful weekend and for those on this side of the world I really hope your able to return to work. I've got a full week of gardening to look forward too. Some places I haven't been to for nearly 9 weeks so can just imagine how many weeds there will be to greet me.....Very glad to be back at it and nice to see everyone again, even from a distance...





I'm on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with this card, where I'm using a stencil in a way I've never tried before:


I came up with this idea while I was watercolouring the other day. I accidentally flicked paint in different colours on a spare card base and thought it looked so pretty, I would try it out.

I started by putting the Modern Petals Stencil over a piece of watercolour CS. I gathered up a rainbow of Distress Ink colours and using some water and a brush, I flicked each colour over the stencil repeatedly until I was happy with the pattern. Once it had dried I then put the stencil back over it in the same way and gently blended Distress Ink 'Spun Sugar' to add some definition. The panel was then cut down to size.

For the sentiment I wanted a window, so used the smaller die from the Ornament Tag Fri-Dies to create it in the stencil panel. I wanted the card front to be light grey but the sentiment itself to be on white, so I cut a panel of grey CS and used the larger circle die from the same Ornament Tag Fri-Dies set to cut a hole behind the stencil window. I then die-cut some white CS to gold heat emboss the sentiment (from the new Terrific Flowers set). The grey panel was adhered to the card front and the white sentiment circle inlaid into it.

The stencil panel was popped up on white foam and I glued on some Neat and Tangled sequins for a bit more shine.

I hope you like this card and that its given you a few more ideas on how to use your stencils. If you decide you just have to have the products I used today, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15% on your purchase!!




Thank you so much for coming by and I'll be back later in the month with some more CAS-ual Fridays Stamps goodness. Hopefully my New Release goodies will have arrived by then.....

Take care and stay safe
Shona
xxx 

 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous speckled card Shona - a great use of the stencil :) I hope you don't get rained off the job - we've had a goodly amount of rain here, and some thunder!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't get over how pretty this turned out. What a terrific idea. You can spatter my projects any day you want.

    ReplyDelete