Monday 6 April 2020

You have a kind heart!!

Hi everyone. We are just finishing up Day 12 of our nation-wide lockdown in New Zealand. They seem to think that we might be starting to see a flattening of our new virus cases which is hopeful but we are definitely staying in this lockdown for at least another 2.5 weeks. We have only had one death so far but are up to 1035 cases which is a lot more than I would have thought but it could have been so much worse if we hadn't acted straight away. I feel so awful for those countries where they are losing hundreds of people every day. Hopefully they too will be facing less deaths and cases in the coming weeks. We will get thru this!!

As I am now completely broke and can't see myself buying any new stamps or dies for months (at least) I'm using my time (when I can get it) to finally use products I've purchased months ago. Its quite fun to go thru the pile, almost like getting them in the mail again as some of them I forgot about.

Today I was using two dies I purchased from Simon Says Stamp in early-December last year but they took until mid-January to arrive. Nice to have a break from colouring and get some exercise with my Cuttlebug:


I fell in love with this SSS 'Storybook Sloth' Die when I saw Laura Bassen use it on this card and was able to purchase it when I won a SSS gift voucher.

I started off by die-cutting the sloth from some dark brown, beige and black CS. I glued the pieces together on a piece of black CS to hold everything in place. I wanted a pink tie so I just die-cut that end of the die over pink CS. The Sloth die only comes with his head and bow tie attached. I wanted him to have a body so I die-cut the SSS 'Storybook Panda' die from the same CS colours and glued them together. 

The SSS 'Lined You' die was die-cut from blue CS and then twice more from white CS. I glued them all together and then to white foam which I also die-cut. I wanted some interest in the background so I stamped the SSS 'Center Cut Kaleidoscope' stamp with SSS 'Fog' die on the card front. I then adhered the 'you' with the sloth over the 'O'. To finish off the sentiment (from SSS 'Kind Flowers') I white heat embossed it on a strip of black CS and put on foam tape, along with some Studio Katia pearls.

I made this card (along with another one I'll share tomorrow) while watching the Mad About You reboot. It was my favourite programme (along with Seinfeld) in the 90's, I've seen every episode a million times so I was worried that this would have lost its spark. Well, I wasn't disappointed and I've loved every episode. Paul and Jamie are exactly the same, just older!!

Look after yourselves!!
Shona

 

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Shona - such a fun sloth, and i love the way you have made him the 'o' on joy! Love your soft and subtle background too.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable card, Sho. Thinking about you and your family...it's good to hear that NZ's curve may be flattening. Also, that you're picking out some old faves to play with again. I know what you mean about being broke, no new things for me either. Anyway, this card brought a smile to my face. Perhaps I'll go check out Mad About You again, too.

    ReplyDelete