Thursday 23 April 2020

Rainbow Week - Day 2

Hello there!! Thanks for coming back for Day 2 of my Rainbow Week!! In case you missed yesterdays post, I've spent a lot of time watching crafty YouTube videos during lockdown and been inspired by the likes of my favourite lady Laura Bassen  to go thru my piles of cardstock scraps and create some rainbow and geometric designs.

I'm using the same Neat and Tangled die set 'Triangle Box Dies' which has so many different sized die shapes that come with it (unfortunately you can't buy it anymore....). This time instead of using triangles I got a big creative with some rectangular shapes:


Once again it took me many days and many photos to work out the design but I'm so happy with how it turned out. And I'm sure many of you would have these shaped dies in your stash to do something similar.

As I already had my cardstock all in colour families, I once again grabbed pairs of light and dark and cut the small rectangle from the lighter and the dark from the larger. All I did then was glue the small one on top. To make this design I realised I would need to cut them all in half.

I decided to do blue's, green's and purples on one side and then pink's, oranges and yellows on the other. I glued them on pieces of scrap white CS and then cut around the edges. That way I could then put them on white foam to adhere to the card front. 

For the sentiment I got really out of my comfort-zone and spent ages trying to find something that would fit in the middle gap. This one from MFT Stamps 'Sassy Pants Best Friends' was perfect as it was the right size and as this isn't a 'normal' design, fitted the card theme. I cut the stamp up into three and stamped with my MISTI, using Versafine Onyx ink. I then of course had to finish off with my Studio Katia pearls.

I've always loved finding new ways to 'stretch-out' my stamps and dies to get my monies worth. Hopefully this idea will get you thinking about your own, especially if your sitting at home in lockdown and its been extended!!!

I'll be back again tomorrow with yet another rainbow/geometric design using the same dies but in a completely different way.

Stay home and stay safe!!
Shona
xxx 

2 comments:

  1. You're really great at these papee piecing cards. This one is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shona, this is stunning - loving how you ahve used the rectangles
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete