Saturday 11 April 2020

Uniquely Creative - February 2020 Stamp and Colour Kit - Oriental

Hi there, have just gotten back from the supermarket and have a splitting headache. I had the same when I went last Saturday. I never get headaches but find it so stressful going and being around people, I've forgotten half the stuff on my list (even though it was written down). I also wore disposable gloves for the first time and got all confused as to when I was supposed to take them off!! So to relax I thought I'd share a card with you all.....

February seems like years ago with everything going on these days. Uniquely Creative released the Stamp and Colour Kit - Oriental and being someone who loves anything to do with Asian culture, I immediately fell in love with it. The kit had a lot of blue/teal coloured papers so I just had to make a card with that combo:


I've always loved the idea of crane's being good luck. One of my all-time favourite shows is 'The Big C' and in one of the episodes the main character is in a hospice. Her room-mate has hundreds of cranes above her bed and it looked so beautiful. Her husband was Japanese and was hoping the cranes would cause her cancer to go away. It was so sweet....

This was really simple to put together. I cut a panel of the blue CS in the kit and adhered to the card front. I then cut a smaller rectangle from one of the papers and glued that in place. I used one of the 'Cross-stitch Rectangle Dies' on some white CS and popped it on the card front with a piece of white foam.

I stamped the crane from the kit stamp set 'Lucky You' with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out (there is a matching die available). I also did the same with the water-circles from the Add-On 'Best Wishes' stamp set. They kind of reminded me of clouds so I glued them to the white rectangle and put the crane on top with foam tape. To finish off I white heat embossed the sentiment (from the same 'Best Wishes' Add-On stamp set) on a strip of black CS, put on foam tape and glued on some 'Starry Sequins'. 

Its such a warm afternoon. All the animals are asleep, Max is gaming and Dave is helping Phoebe re-arrange her bedroom for the millionth time. I think I might find a spot outside in the sun to do some colouring before someone calls out my name ....'Mum???'

Take care and stay safe
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Don't remember when I ever didn't hear "Mom" when the girls were growing up...you must have less drama in your family. I know exactly how you feel about the grocery trips. We can't even put our items in a bag. Just roll it out to the car and unload them into the trunk (or do you call it the boot). Anyway, saw this crane on IG and had to let you know how gorgeous I thought it was. The coloring and paper layering look like they were made for eachother.

    ReplyDelete