Wednesday 1 April 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - New Release Preview #3

Hello there, I'm so happy you stopped by. Hope everything is well with you and your coping with your self-isolation. Its been raining here the past few days which is fantastic, however it really does make you feel like a prisoner in your house and as I was really needing some sort of exercise I decided to take things into my own hands.

When Phoebe was a baby (she is now 15yrs old) I recorded episodes of Pilates TV (an Australian programme) and Dave put them on dvd for me. I used to use them a lot but not since developing Fibromyalgia 6yrs ago I was too scared of how painful it would be. Well, today I did 40 mins of pilates in the middle of my lounge room and even though it hurt like hell, it felt like heaven. Dave said he would do it with me tomorrow so watch this space.....





Today we are showing off the third stamp set from the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps March New Release. Introducing 'Happy Birthday': 

This has the same fabulous font as the 'Hot Mama' set and the sentiments are hilarious. I don't have many birthday cards in my stash and wanted to make something flashy and sparkly:


I wish I could have captured the sparkle of the embossing powder and the glitter paste is a party in a jar!!

I started off by stamping the 'Happy Birthday' with Versamark ink on white CS and heat embossing with WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Glitter, then fussy cutting out.

Since I wanted a 'party' on my card I just had to include rainbow colours. I knew I wanted to use some paste, so cut a separate panel of white CS to use. I taped the 'Bold Trellis' stencil over top and blended lines of Distress inks over top. I then spread over some Nuvo Glimmer Paste 'Moonstone' which is clear but with lots of sparkle so will become the colour underneath. 

While the paste dried I decided that the fussy cut sentiment didn't stand out enough against the rainbow colours, so I adhered it to some black CS and fussy cut around that to leave a black frame. The panel was glued to the card front, then the sentiment was popped up on black foam, with some Studio Katia Pearls for a bit more shine.

All of the New Release sets are available for purchase now and if you use my special code you can save yourself 15%!!




Hope you like my 'birthday party on a card' and I'll see you back here tomorrow with a card using the final stamp set.

Stay home and stay safe
Shona

 

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of you and Dave doing Pilates together. It will make me feel like I exercised. Anyway this card is a party on paper. Love you glittery background. Sure that it sparkles like crazy. Perfect for that big bold "Happy Birthday" sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner Shona - love the sparkle which you can sort of see in the photos.
    Go gently with the pilates - Fibromyalgia can be cruel... all the best for Dave working with you :)
    We have had a series of glorious days up here - sunny and into the low to mid 20's.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for doing Pilates! Maybe you have inspired me to do some, too. I live your card! The colors are perfect for a birthday celebration. I love the idea of using the shimmering embossing paste over the Distress Inks - looks great! You also did a magnificent job fussy cutting 2 layers around the sentiment. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Shona. LOVE all the colors!!! What size card finished is this? Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete