Saturday 25 April 2020

Rainbow Week - Day 4

Hi everyone!! Its been an exquisite day today weather-wise and still quite warm now at 8pm. Very unusual since we are in the second month of Autumn but I'm not complaining, I'll take Summer lasting as long as it can!!

I'm back with Day 4 of my Rainbow Week. So glad many of you are liking my cards, thanks so much for the comments and support. I've even had some comments from Laura Bassen herself on Instagram, which is giving me huge 'fangirl' moments!!

Today's card is another 'geometric/rainbow' design inspired by Laura. This is one of those cards that started out in one direction, then took a complete turn halfway through:


So yesterday I shared a card using the other half of these strips. I actually started off with the idea of having them come from the edge of the card in gradual steps and doing the same on the other side but it just didn't look right. So I cut this out and adhered to the middle of the card!!

These strips are all from large rectangle die-cuts (by Neat and Tangled) which have a smaller rectangle die-cut glued on top. I then cut them in half lengthwise. These were glued on a piece of white CS and then put on a piece of white foam. The card front was covered with a panel of black CS and then a smaller one of white CS and the steps glued on top.

The 'hello' sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, which I die-cut twice from white CS and once from black CS and glued together slightly off to the side to show the black underneath. It was put on foam tape along with the sentiment stamp (also from SSS 'Beautiful Day') which was stamped with Versafine Onyx ink on white CS and backed with black. And as always I finished off with Studio Katia Pearls (which I must get more of.....).

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #148 where their theme is 'Let's Encourage Each Other' which is rather a fabulous theme with whats going on in the world right now.

Time to put on my pj's and get settled on my bed. I've got a diamond art picture I'm about to finish and I started watching a series on Netflix 'Kingdom' which is a dubbed Chinese series about zombies that I'm totally addicted too. I also have a few Peanut M&M's tucked away to snack on.....snack food and tv watching goes together like peanut and chocolate!!

See you back here tomorrow with more rainbow craziness!!

Stay safe
Shona
xxx

3 comments:

  1. shona, this is wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you've wowed us with this rainbow series. They just get more and more magnificent. Cannot imagine what you'll do next. Unseasonably warm here, too. I personally love the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful rainbow Shona - you are really rocking these :)
    Stay safe - and enjoy your movie
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete