Thursday 18 October 2018

The Card Concept Challenge #100 - Guest Designer

This is a very exciting blog post for me!! My super talented friend Marcie of Sharp Designs sent me a message a few weeks ago inviting me to be a Guest Designer at The Card Concept challenge. They are celebrating their 100th challenge and the Design Team were asked to invite a guest to join in. I was super honored she asked me and of course I said yes straight away!!

Funnily enough I've always loved The Card Concept challenge. I used to have the time a few years ago to join in every single one, and one of my most viewed cards ever on my blog was for one of their Christmas challenges a long time ago, so I'm very happy to be helping them celebrate!! 





I don't know who chooses their inspiration photos but they are always gorgeous and offer so many ideas for your project. This is the photo for their 100th challenge. Its so stunning and with Thanksgiving coming up in the U.S. I know this is going to have an amazing Gallery of projects!!

For my card I definitely had to include some pumpkins, especially with soft pinks and golds. And find a way to add in some pretty flowers too:


My card comes under the 'Clean and Layered' category, since a have a few different elements on top of each other on foam tape.

I started off by heat embossing the pumpkins from MFT Stamps 'Witch way is the Candy?' in white and the flowers from Neat and Tangled 'Bloom' in gold. I coloured them both with a water brush and Zig Clean Color Brush pens. Once they were dry I fussy cut them all out.

To bring the elements together I blended some Distress Oxide ink in 'Spun Sugar' on the card front and stamped the sentiment from Neat and Tangled 'Scandinavian Prints Christmas' in black. The flowers were popped up on foam tape.

To add some gold to the pumpkins I used a small brush and Gina K Connect Glue on the lower part of each one. I then sprinkled on some WOW! Gold Glitter. Once the glue had dried I put these on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Congratulations to the team at The Card Concept on your 100th challenge and here's to many, many more!!

And thanks so much Marcie for inviting me to play, so lovely of you to think of me and what a fabulous celebration to a part of!!

I hope you all have a chance to join in the challenge too!!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. I bet this one gets a huge amount of views on Pinterest, too. So beautifully executed and designed. Love the coloring on the florals and those pumpkins are simply swoon-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely gorgeous ! Thanks so much for being a Guest Designer at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Shona. Congratulations on your Guest Design at Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card Shona - love your gold on the pumpkins and the gorgeous flowers. I think the sentiment is wonderful too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete