Tuesday 16 October 2018

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #25

Hi everyone!! This month seems to be whizzing by faster than any other. I think its because we've just had two weeks of school holidays, which was a blur of kids being here all the time and having sleep-overs. Suddenly its the middle of the month and the kids went back to school today....its crazy!!





It also means that we are already half-way thru our current challenge at The Flower Challenge where we are asking you to 'Add Sparkle' to your floral projects. There are already some amazing projects in the Gallery, your all so talented!!

For my card, instead of adding some sparkle to a die-cut, I used the same sparkling embossing powder on a stamped image and played with some Zig Real Color Brush Pens:


I've wanted this stamp image for such a long time, it was a real pleasure to finally stamp it out and colour it!!

I was in a stationary store the other week and came across a new watercolour pad. Its by Reeves and the sign said it was for 'Acrylic, Oil and Watercolour'. Its quite white and has a slight texture to it but its thicker than I normally use. The pad itself says its for 'Acrylic' painting but I thought I would give it a go. And so far so good!!

I stamped the image (from Simon Says Stamp 'Kind Flowers') on a piece of the Reeves paper with Versamark ink and heat embossed using WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Glitter. I then used my Zig pens and a little water to colour it in. When it came to colouring the 'KIND' I coloured it without any water so it would stand out.

I used a scallop-edged die from Winnie and Walter 'Essentials: Audrey's Cutaways' to cut out the image and added a piece of white foam to the back. I managed to find a piece of pink CS similar to the colours I used and cut it slightly bigger than the die-cut, adhered it to the card front and then glued the panel on top.

The sentiment (from the same SSS stamp set) was stamped on a strip of the Reeves paper with Versafine black ink and glued in place with a Gina K 'Connect' glue pen, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

And here's a photo to show you how much this embossing powder sparkles:


I'm going to link this to the SSS Flickr Challenge #108 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. I'm thoroughly enjoying playing along with this fortnightly and now I have a few more SSS products I can come up with more exciting designs!!

You have until Thursday 25th October to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your trying to find some new ideas on how to add sparkle, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created. They are always inspiring me with their incredible designs!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I look forward to seeing your floral projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. WOW! that embossing powder really catches the eye. This is gorgeous...nailed it, AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Shona, and I do love the embossing (powder). That stamp is fabulous, and I love how you have coloured it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty sparkly card, Shona! The flowers in cute doodled look and the scalloped panel go so well together! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shona, what a beautiful card, I love the look of your gold embossed image and watercolors, so elegant and it shines like magic.
    Love that scalloped die, it frames this image perfectly.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Shona and I love the embossing powder and how sparkly it is. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rich gold embossing here Shona and such a pretty bouquet of flowers too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete