Thursday 4 October 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post for October #1

Hi everyone! Really hope your all having a fabulous week and that work isn't too horrible. Only a few more days till the weekend so hang in there!!

I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with a card that uses my all-time favourite colour combo - blue and white:


Yes, this took a long time to get organised and put together but I'm so happy with how it turned out!!

I started off by using the largest die from the 4 Petals Fri-dies and die-cut 15 white flowers. I measured three of these flowers across and cut a panel of white CS that fit that exactly, as well as five rows down. Using Gina K Connect Glue I adhered each white flower to the panel.

For the blue flowers I firstly blended some white CS with Distress Oxide ink 'Tumbled Glass' and then used the smaller die from the 4 Petals Fri-dies to die-cut 15 flowers. I folded the petals up slightly and then used the same glue to hold them in place. I popped the panel up on a piece of white foam on the card front.

To add some interest to the flowers I added small blobs of Nuvo Crystal Drops 'Gloss White' to the middle of each flower. I then heat embossed the sentiment (from Peaceful Garden) using Wow! 'Pastel Glacier Mint' embossing powder on a strip of white CS and popped it up above the flowers on some foam tape. All I had to do then was glue on a few light blue and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.



I hope you like this simple but 'flowery' card and you get to do some crafting yourself today. If your thinking of purchasing any of the sets I used today or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%!!


Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope the change of season's isn't too bad where you are. I just saw today two photos on Instagram of people in the US who suddenly have snow a month early. Talk about crazy weather patterns, I'm quite happy if Summer comes a month early as long as it doesn't finish a month early at the other end!!

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. NOw you've really done it! That repeated floral pattern draws one into this gorgeous card. Clean and meticulously crafted...oh yes, and perfect.

    ReplyDelete