Wednesday 31 October 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps October New Release - Day 3

Hello there, so glad your back for Day 3 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release!!





Hope your enjoying seeing all the New Release projects so far this week and there are plenty more to come!! Today we are showing you a die set for one of the Christmas sets released last year. I'm extremely happy because this is one fiddly image to fussy cut around!!

Introducing the 'Mistletoe Fri-dies': 


The Mistletoe die fits so perfectly over the stamp image and cuts spaces in-between the branches too, which looks fantastic. And having a bow die couldn't be more handy, especially at this time of year!! Here's what I did with the die:


I got a bit 'die-cutting crazy' with this one but I do love die-cutting and its a wonder my Cuttlebug is still working!

Firstly I used a 'Bubble Box Fri-die' on some red CS and adhered to the card front for the background. I then used the 'To-Go Cup Fri-die' with some black and white CS, glued the lid on top and then popped it up on foam tape.

I stamped the mistletoe from the 'Mistletoe and Holly' stamp set with Versafine black ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS and heat embossed with clear powder. I then used red and green Zig Real Color Brush Markers to colour it in. Once it was dry I used the new matching die and adhered it to the coffee cup.

The sentiment (also from the 'Mistletoe and Holly' stamp set) was heat embossed in gold, fussy cut out and put on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled. I also added some Glossy Accents to the red berries for a bit more shine.


Our town in much too small for a Starbucks but I can imagine they would have Christmas themed 'to-go' cups, so why not add some mistletoe!! I hope this gives you a few ideas for your own coffee cups or holiday projects. All of the New Release products are available to purchase right now, so if your going shopping don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some money!!




Don't forget to pop over to the CFS Blog to see the gorgeous projects the other Girl Fridays have made with these new dies. Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here tomorrow with some new Christmas and Hanukkah dies, along with lots of colour!!

Take care
Shona 
 

2 comments:

  1. You aren't wrong...Starbuck's Christmas cups are often a collector's item in my neck of the woods. They even make a big deal when they finally release them. But I like yours so much better...traditional colors but the black just makes it stand out. Perfect choice. Think this one is in my cart already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner Shona - love all the die cuts and the exta sheen the glossy accents give.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete