Thursday 18 October 2018

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #120

Hi everybody!! I've had a super-busy week, the weeds are growing like 'weeds' and so is everything else in everyone's gardens. At least the weather has been gorgeous so its wonderful to be outside in the sun!!





Our current challenge theme at TIME OUT  is 'Colourful' which has our Gallery looking all kinds of fabulous!! You can make any type of project you like, with as many colours as you like. This is such a fun challenge!!

We are very lucky to have Winnie and Walter as our Sponsor for this challenge and they are giving the winner a $25 gift voucher. They were also very generous with the TIME OUT Design Team and I received a new Christmas stamp set that was perfect for lots of colour!!

 
I've always loved making Christmas cards with non-traditional colours and recently discovered a new colour combo that will be turning up on a lot of my Christmas cards this year:


All of these pastel colours and the fabulous 'candy house' makes me want to reach for a lollipop right now!! And I love light blue, red and white together, its so pretty but fresh and modern.

To start off I stamped the images from Winnie and Walter 'Sweet Holiday with Evelin T Designs' with Gina K Amalgam Ink on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I coloured them all in with Altenew Artist Markers and then fussy cut out.

For the background I blended Distress Oxide ink 'Picked Raspberry' on the card front, leaving a border around the outside. I then flicked on some water with a brush and dabbed with a tissue, to give the impression it was snowing. I then stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) with Versafine black ink.

The candy house was adhered to the card front, and the doggie and bear were popped on foam tape. To finish off I also glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I've got three challenges I would like to enter:







Cards in Envy Challenge (Favourite Holiday)





You have until Wednesday 24th October to link your projects to the TIME OUT Challenge and if your needing any inspiration pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. I hope you have a chance to join us and look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 


 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I love non traditional colours too! And that pink background works for me! Amazing colouring and full of 'colour'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Shona - love your colour choice!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable scene, and I really love your new color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet scene, Shona ... those contemporary colours are just delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shona! I love the inked backdrop for your scene. The coloring is spectacular. So neat and so perfect! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little scene is adorable, and your coloring is fantastic as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! Love your background work. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete