Saturday 16 March 2019

Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenge - Masking Backgrounds with Dies

Its so hot today!! I've just come inside from doing some gardening (helps keep my mind off what has happened.....) and I'm sitting here with sweat running down my face. Thank goodness you can't see me!!





This is my second to last card to share with you all as an entry for the Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenges. This one is for the 'Masking Backgrounds with Dies' challenge which was hosted by Rosali. I wanted to create another 'girly' birthday card so didn't want to get too crazy, so went with pinky colours and a dash of glittery gold:


I found that I had a spare red CS die-cut using the W&W 'Cover Model: Multifaceted Cutaway' so put it over a piece of white CS and held it there with washi tape. I used a mini-blending tool and Distress Oxide Inks 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Spiced Marmalade' and mixed them in patches over the die. When I was finished I removed the die-cut and used the small rectangle die from the W&W 'Essentials: Audrey's Cutaways' to cut it out.

I didn't want this to get too bulky in an envelope so decided to in-lay the sentiment. I die-cut the W&W 'In a Word: Happy' from the middle of the panel and also from some gold glitter CS. I also die-cut some small butterflies using dies from the 'Essentials: Audrey's Cutaways' set.

I added strips of double-sided tape to a piece of white CS and pressed behind the word die-cut space. This way I could just press the word die into place. I glued a piece of white foam behind it and adhered to the card front. To finish it off I stamped 'Birthday' from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and Happy' on a strip of white CS and glued it to the card, along with the gold butterflies and some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

As I've got some die-cuts on top of each other I will also link to the Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenge 'Layering Die-cuts with Jessie'.

And will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Feminine/Girly. This is my fourth entry so they will be getting sick of me!!!!

 

I've got around 90 minutes until the challenges close so will do a little more weeding and then show you all my last card. Thanks goodness I've had all these blog posts to do to keep me busy so my mind doesn't think too much about Christchurch. Thankfully we haven't been told of anymore people dying at this stage but some of them are in critical condition, so they and their families are definitely in my thoughts.

Take care
Shona

3 comments:

  1. Another beauty Shone - love the inlaid tecjnique. I too have recently been using die cuts as stencils - added value for money from the dies. Yes I have been in the garden too, and am trying to keep busy and not dwell on yesterday - I have extended family and friends there who are thankfully all ok, but stunned and saddened.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your masking is perfect, you've definitely found the trick to it. The glittery letters and butterflies oss set it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fantastic birthday card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete