Saturday 16 March 2019

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #130

Hi there!! Its the weekend and even though the weather may not be sunny, its still warm which means I can catch up on some gardening and trampolining with the kids!!





Our theme for this month at The Flower Challenge is the always popular 'Anything Goes'. Which means you can enter whatever project you like with a central floral theme. So its a good time to try out new products or a new technique.

For my cards I wanted to try something different and I was also inspired by the Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Celebrations where they have many challenges to enter:


I'm always on the look out for cards to send to friends just to say 'hi' or to drop in someone's letterbox with gardening info etc, so when I saw the 'W&W - Card Set Challenge with Heather' I thought this was a great time to fill up my stash!

 
I started off by stamping the flowers from W&W 'In Bloom: Addie's Garden' with Gina K Amalgam Ink on white CS circles die-cut using W&W 'Essentials: Carly Cutaways'. I  coloured them loosely with Altenew Artist Markers and then grabbed the W&W 'Cover Model: Multifaceted Cutaway' and die-cut over the flower image. I carefully pressed some Glad 'Press n Seal' over the back of the die-cut to keep all the pieces together and then removed it. 

 
I pressed some more 'Press n Seal' over the front of the flower image and removed the back piece. I removed all the die-cut pieces that didn't have any flower image on it to give it more of a geometric/modern look. I was then able to add double-sided tape and glue to all the pieces and press it down on a circle of grey CS, also cut with the largest die from the same 'Carly Cutaways' set. Using the same die I cut some white foam and glued on to the back of the grey circle.

 
I cut 3 card bases 4 inches x 4 inches and adhered a square of coloured CS on each one, co-ordinating with the flower colour. I glued each flower circle on to each card front. The W&W 'In a Word: Hello die' was die-cut 6x from white CS, two were glued together for each card and adhered in place, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.


I'm also going to link this to the Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Challenge - Layering Die-cuts with Jessica.

You have until Monday 25th March to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and for any floral ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic set. As always, you use color so well and accenting those blooms with the graphic background is the ideal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing cards Shona - love the juxtaposition between the soft floral images and the angular die cuts - stunning!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous set of note cards, Shona. The way you did the background with the flowers is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful set of note cards Shona, the die cut adds such interest.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning trio of cards here Shona,such pretty flowers and dies too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete