Sunday 24 March 2019

CAS Christmas Card Challenge - March

Hi everyone! Have just come back from seeing the movie 'How to Train your Dragon - The Hidden World' with Max. We watched the first two movies last night to refresh our memories and this one was just as good, maybe even better! I definitely recommend it, lots of laughs, cuteness and I nearly cried but managed to keep it together.

Its also incredibly hot, especially for this time of year. Its around 28 degrees celcius and here I thought we were heading into Autumn!! Its wonderful though, especially for people like me who work outside and tomorrow is supposed to be the same, so can't wait. 



I'm popping outside shortly to do some pruning but thought I would share this card with you for the CAS Christmas Card March Challenge where their theme is 'Deer'. I don't actually have many 'deer' images which is a shame but I do have this one set that I purchased a few years ago that I still can't get enough of:


This Stamplorations set is 'Yuletide Deer - Dee's Artsy Impressions' and it has the most modern deer images I've ever seen. I highly recommend it if you like triangles and geometric images.

This was super simple to put together. I stamped the deer using Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS. I coloured it using Altenew Artist Markers and then die-cut with a rectangle die from Couture Creations. To make it pop more against the white card base, I used the next sized rectangle die on some black CS, popped it up on some black foam and used white foam behind the image panel.

For the sentiment I did the same thing. I stamped the wording (from the same Stamplorations set) using Altenew 'Dusk' ink on white CS, cut it out and backed it with black CS. This was popped on black foam, along with some neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm going to link this to the Stamplorations CAS Challenge - March where I didn't use the optional twist.

 

And I'm also going to link to the Stamplorations - Never-ending Anything Goes Challenge which is for projects using their products.


Right I'm off out into the sunshine!! I'll be seeing you a lot this week as we have a New Release coming out from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. Its a doozy and I have so many cards to share with you, I can't wait!!





Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Your reindeer is so cool Shona! It's like a CAS version of zentangle. Very beautiful and modern design as you sid. Lovely design with the black framing. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool reindeer, love the zentangle design. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved this STAMPloration's deer, too. But you've made him look so special. Really like the blues on him and that frame just finishes him off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you chose for this fantastic deer, Shona! Wonderful job of coloring! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete