Thursday 21 March 2019

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #131

Hi everyone!! This TIME OUT  challenge is a very special one for us, as its our 5th birthday! I can't believe five years has gone by. It just seems like the other day that I received an email from Sandie (our Illustrious Leader) asking if I would like to join the Design Team. I still have that email and can remember how excited I was as it was my first DT position since I had started card making. 

I joined in September 2014 and have loved every minute of it. Sandie and Nonni keep everything so well organised with the blog etc. We have a few changes with the DT every now and then but every single member has been a joy to work with. I'm very fortunate to be a part of this supportive team and they will never get rid of me!!!





We have these words to inspire you for this challenge. You might choose just one word or go with the whole kit and kaboodle for your project. Its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Stamplorations and they have been with us since the very beginning. Shery (who is also part of the Time Out DT) is so generous with the team and also with the prizes she offers too. So its very fitting they are Sponsoring this challenge and they are giving a $50 gift voucher to the winner!!!!!




For my card I wanted to keep it CAS (as the first TO challenge I won was with a very CAS card) and use my favourite colour:


I love this colour blue so much. I actually just purchased a pair of Adidas Campus shoes in this colour and white. They are so perfect I've actually owned them for two weeks and haven't worn them yet because I don't want to get them dirty!!

To start off I die-cut the Stamplorations 'Zen Coffee Cup Layering Dies' from white CS. For the patterned die-cut I pressed it on to my Versamark ink pad and then heat embossed with WOW! embossing powder in 'Pastel Glacier Mint'. I wanted it to have a shiny 'ceramic' look, so I did this two more times. It has so much dimension and shine in real life!


I covered the back of the patterned die-cut with Gina K Connect Glue and pressed on to the plain coffee cup die-cut. I then added foam tape to the back of it.

I wanted a very soft background for the cup, so I blended some Distress Oxide Ink in 'Tumbled Glass' in the middle of the card front. To add some interest I flicked on some water and dabbed it away with a tissue. The cup was then placed on top.

The sentiment (from Stamplorations 'Balloons and Banners') was simply stamped in black on a strip of white CS and put on some foam tape. All I had to do then was glue on some light blue and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Stamplorations Cutplorations March Challenge with my coffee cup fitting in perfectly with the coffee in the inspiration photo.

 

I'm also going to add this to the Stamplorations CAS March Challenge where I didn't use the optional colour twist.




And lastly I will link to the  Stamplorations Never-ending Challenge which is for any projects using Stamplorations products.


You have until Wednesday 27th March to link your projects to the TIME OUT  Challenge. I really hope you have a chance to join in our birthday celebrations. And thank you so much for all your support over the last five years, without all the entries the challenge wouldn't be what it is today!!

Take care
Shona

9 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous card and that shade of blue is beautiful! love how you gave the cup a ceramic look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what lovely words and thank you so much and let me tell you....we never want t get rid of you....you can't run from me...I will always catch you (just like they do in all those scary movies you watch!). Thank you for always inspiring us and all the hard work you do for Time Out. And this card is another example of why you have that email! CAS perfection! Adore the colours and what a shine you got-thanks for the tip here x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm going to love this luscious blue, Shona ... it's gorgeous ... and such a clever design ... the heat embossing really does give a fabulous ceramic look! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! This one is a stunner, Sho. You certainly know how to make a die shine (HaHa). That dreamy color is amazingly pretty with this particular die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really achieved that ceramic look to your beautiful mug! It's such a gorgeous color and the sequins and background ink blending really add to the look! It's been so fun to celebrate TO's birthday with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! Blue is my favorite color so I naturally love this. :) The inking on the card base looks amazing and i love all the detail in the die cut. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Tiffany-esque, Shona. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome card...congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete