Thursday 28 March 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - March New Release - Day 4

Boy this week is going fast!! Which is bizarre because the nights have been incredibly long of late. We are approaching the end of March and yet we are still having very hot, sticky nights like January. Its the weirdest thing and I'm sure we are going to suddenly get a shock of freezing cold weather soon that will put us all back in our flannelette sheets!! Until then, its glorious and I'm very happy that the warm weather is continuing, especially during the day.....

 

Over on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog we are celebrating Day 4 of the March New Release. And today we are introducing the 'Trellis Cover Fri-Die': 





You know how much I love die-cutting so I'm super excited about this cover die. Its the perfect size to cover a card front and there are so many things you can do with it. Here's my idea:




This was so much fun to put together and didn't take much time at all. Just think of all the different colour combos you could do!!

Firstly I die-cut the Trellis Cover Fri-Die from white CS and also a teal/aqua coloured CS. After die-cutting them both out I added Glad 'Press n Seal' to the back of each to keep all the pieces in place. I laid the white die-cut down face up and inlaid the blue pieces around the outside edge and the middle of the die. I carefully turned it over and added strips of foam tape behind the blue pieces and adhered to the card front.

The 'friend' die (from the new 'Sweet Friend Fri-dies') was die-cut twice from white CS and once from a dark pink CS, glued together and then to the card front. I then added lots of Glossy Accents for shine.

The sentiment (from 'Pretty Posies') was stamped in black on a strip of white CS, put on foam tape and added along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.


All of the New Release products are available in the CFS Store right now and you can use my code to get 15% your purchase which includes all the new products too!!




I hope your enjoying all the cards this week and over on the CFS Blog there are some incredible projects from my team-mates and also a giveaway!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here again tomorrow!

Take care
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. I love the color of the friend die and how it pops from the trellis background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love the idea of making it into a frame. I have never, ever seen that before. GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicate and lovely. Love this cover die especially with that pop of color to bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, nice cover die indeed on your cool card for a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve this... SO 'flower-child-ish!!' and groovy! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marisela Delgado said: Great card! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the eye catching design Shona,so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how gorgeous Shona - love the colours and the way you have used them
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete