Friday 8 March 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Flickr Challenge #118

Its been the most fabulous day here today.....its been raining!! I know its a strange thing to be happy about but this is only our second day of rain for 2019 and we so needed it after an extremely hot Summer. So no gardening for me today, I've been catching up on Netflix and creating these cards which took FOREVER.........

About a week ago I was wanting to do some colouring but nothing to involved (like an animal, person etc) and I remembered Jennifer McGuire would quite often in her videos do a die-cut of flowers, leave the pieces in place and colour the whole die quickly. I thought that was a great idea so I gave it a go with my Simon Says Stamp 'Flower Cluster' die. 

I ended up colouring three of them, which lead me to creating three cards for friends:




These took so many hours this afternoon, inlaying the coloured pieces into the white die-cut frames but I watched the final episodes of 'You' and first few episodes of 'Dirty John on Netflix at the same time, so it was time well spent!! And with all these cards being perfect to send to friends, I can enter them in the SSS Flickr Challenge as their theme is all about 'Friendship'.

To do all this I started off by die-cutting the floral die, careful to leave all the pieces in the die itself. I then pressed a piece of Glad 'Press n Seal' over the pieces then removed the die. I did this with all three and coloured them quickly with Altenew Artist Markers.

I then used a Studio Katia 'Stitched Oval Die' to die-cut a lilac, peach and teal CS oval and glued a white CS outline of the same floral die onto them. This was the fiddly part. Using Gina K Connect Glue I inlaid all the pieces into the white frame. Unfortunately I lost some of the very tiny bits in the process but it still looks fine. And now I have three coloured frames to use for other cards!



For the purple card I stamped the sentiment from SSS 'Kind Flowers' in Versafine black ink on a strip of white CS, backed it with black CS and popped up on foam tape.



For the teal card I stamped a sentiment from SSS 'Flower Friend.

 
And for the peach card I stamped a sentiment from SSS 'Love Always'. I then glued on a mix of Neat and Tangled sequins and Pretty Pink Posh sequins and iridescent jewels. I'm really happy with how they came out but think I'll stay away from inlaid die-cutting for a day or two....

Its dinnertime now so better go and work out what to feed the masses. Its usually takeaway pizza on a Friday night so that should be easy to organise. And it will get me back quickly to 'Dirty John' on Netflix. I don't know what I did before Netflix, probably watched more tv and didn't eat so much chocolate in bed with my iPad!!

Enjoy your weekend when it finally rolls around and see you back here soon!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous cards, Shona. I need to go and hav a look at that technique.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete