Saturday 2 March 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post for March #1

Hi everyone and welcome to my first CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  'Girl Friday' post for March. We are already in the third month of the year, its just crazy, maybe I should make a start on Christmas cards........





I'm up on the CFS Blog today with a peachy little number. I've got peaches coming out of my ears literally at the moment, thanks so my prolific fruiting Golden Queen peach trees. Must be why I have the peach colour on the brain and why this card became so monochomatic:


I've never made a peachy card before but I love how it looks, especially with the Altenew metallic embossing powder.

I started off by stamping the 'Heart to Heart Background Stamp' with Versamark ink on white CS, and heat embossing with Altenew Golden Peach Metallic embossing powder. I wish you could see the shine of this in person:
 

Once it had cooled down I die-cut it with a circle die from Couture Creations. I also used the same die to cut some white foam and glued it to the back. 

I grabbed some different shades of peach paint chips and die-cut the 'Heart Board Fri-die' from them all. I added foam tape behind three sizes and put them on the circle panel so they went around the central heat embossed heart. I then glued the smallest die-cut heart over the middle. Love how you can see the metallic embossing around the edges. This was then put on the card front.

The sentiment (from 'Bushy Tailed') was stamped on a strip of white CS with Altenew 'Peach Perfect' ink and put on foam tape, along with some peach and gold sequins from Neat and Tangled.


I'm going to link this card to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 
If you think you might race off to buy any of the products I used today or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15% off your purchase!!




I hope you enjoyed my 'peach-overload' design today and you fit in some crafting over the weekend. I'll be back here soon with some more designs, promise they won't be peach!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. You must have been thinking of all those peaches on your tree. This is a lovely change I haven't seen for a while. Love you colors over that gorgeous embossing. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peaches, and especially peach colors! You did a great job with this card, and I love the background hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Shona - love the colours and that embossing is stunning!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete