Wednesday 27 March 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - March New Release - Day 3

I'm back with Day 3 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps March New Release. So far we've shown you the 'Huggable Critters Dies' and the five new  Stencils. And my team mates have wowed you with their gorgeous projects using the new products on the  CFS Blog.

Today we are showing off a new set of word dies 'Sweet Friend Fri-Dies': 





I love the font of these so much and they are the perfect size for cards and scrapbooking. In fact I love them so much I just had to use them over and over again:


This was inspired by one of my wonderful crafty friends who adores the colour yellow (you know who you are.....) and it will be winging its way to her very soon!

Thank goodness for paint chips!! I don't own much in the way of coloured CS, so being able to create an ombre look with the slightest difference in colour is so handy with these chips, all free from a local hardware store!! I gathered up five shades of yellow and die-cut them with the new 'hello' fri-die.

To create a background I die-cut some grey CS with the largest 'Bubble Box Fri-Dies' and trimmed down the sides. Using Gina K Connect Glue I glued on the 'hello' die-cuts, starting with the palest colour first and then slightly overlapping them as they got darker. I then adhered the panel on the card front with a piece of white foam.

The sentiment (from 'Bushy Tailed') was stamped in black on a strip of white CS and popped on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.


Hopefully this has given you another idea on how to use your word dies. All of the New Release products are available right now from the CFS Store.  And if you haven't purchased any of these new products yet, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some money!!




The rest of the Design Team have some incredible projects on the CFS Blog using these new word dies and there is also a giveaway!!

Thanks so much for coming to visit and I'll see you back here tomorrow with a look at more of the New Release!

Take care
Shona
 
 

6 comments:

  1. You are definitely the die queen...such a clever, happy card. Love the soft background and those ombre hellos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN! I love the yellow and the repeating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color changing....very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ombre yellow, so much fun with the new word die, I can feel how much you enjoying creating this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunner Shona - love the ombre effect you have obtained using the paint chips!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete