Thursday 26 November 2020

Uniquely Creative - Merry Christmas to Roo

 Hi everyone! The rain has finally cleared today and I've just been outside dead heading all my roses. Such a lovely thing to do after dinner as the smell of the flowers is heavenly. Hopefully I can get a whole day of gardening done tomorrow as I can hear the weeds growing from here!


We have a new Mini Stamp and Colour kit this month at Uniquely Creative 'Aussie Christmas 2'. The Australian themed stamps are so popular (especially with the company being from Aussie) and the kit has already sold out. However you are still able to get your hands on the individual parts of the kit.

When I saw the stamp set I immediately fell in love with the kangaroo (he looks so happy) and wanted to try out the new wreath die:


My Mum is Australian and has already grabbed this card and all the others I made from the kit to send to her family for Christmas!

I stamped the kangaroo from the kit stamp set 'Aussie Christmas 2' on white CS with Gina K Amalgam Black ink, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and then used the matching 'Aussie Christmas 2 Fussy Cutting Dies' .

A piece of patterned paper from the kit was adhered to the card front and I also cut a panel of red CS. I die-cut the 'Star Wreath Die' from it and also from some Craft Smith gold CS. I inlaid the gold wreath into the red panel, using washi tape behind it, to hold it in place. I then added lots of foam tape and popped it on the card front. 

I used a double-layer of foam tape to put the kangaroo in the middle. The sentiment was white heat embossed on a strip of the same red CS, backed with the same gold CS and put on foam tape, along with some 'Gold Rhinestones'. 

I'll link this card to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.


Time to get my pj's on and set myself up on my bed with my iPad. I'm near the end of Season 12 of Law and Order (have just watched all of Season's 10 and 11). Its amazing that even though Season 12 was made in 2001 I still remember a lot of the episodes. Funny how I can remember those but can't remember where I parked my car when I go to the supermarket??? The joys of getting old!

Take care

Shona

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun, cheerful card Shona - love it
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable & happy kangaroo...and the star wreath showcases him beautifully. No wonder your Mom snatched it up for her family & friends.

    ReplyDelete