Sunday 15 November 2020

Teeny Tiny Christmas Cards

 Hi everyone! We are nearly half-way thru November and I need to start thinking about my Christmas lights that I use outside to decorate the house. Lots of them are solar lights and not very expensive, so need to get them out (probably have to untangle them.....ugh!) and charge them up to see if they work. 

I usually buy a few new lights each year to increase my decoration coverage so also need to decide what to cover in lights next. I'll be honest, with everything going on this year I don't have much energy for Christmas (which is very odd for me) but I also think because of this year its more important than ever to enjoy everything about it, especially making people happy, so will try to make my lights bigger than ever!


Speaking of Christmas, I don't have anywhere near enough cards to send out, so need to start cranking them out. I've had my eye on this die from Uniquely Creative 'Nordic Hearts' for ages and even though its sold out on their website, I was able to get hold of it through a New Zealand Craft Store The Ribbon Rose. I was itching to do some cross-stitch and thought that would be great for a Christmas card or two:

I went for the same colour combo with all of my cards - turquoise, red and white, with silver sentiments. These two cards use the quilt-like/nordic pattern in the middle.

These use the same dies but with the blue behind the red with the middle pattern. Just love this colour combo!!


 For these ones I stitched the hearts with red DMC cotton using three threads at a time and I also added the stitched frame behind the white hearts.


For these ones I got extra creative! I worked out how to create a red heart shape in the middle and then stitched the light turquoise thread around it. I also used light blue on one of them for a change.


 And for these final two cards I got really crazy with the designs!! For one I did vertical stitch lines of red and white. And for the other one I worked out where the middle of the heart would be and alternated with red and white stitches outward.

All of the cards are on 3.5 x 3.5 inch card bases. And the sentiments are from Uniquely Creative 'O Christmas Tree', 'Christmas Sentiments' and 'Aussie Christmas'. I really enjoyed making these and feel the urge to do more stitching, so watch this space!!

Take care

Shona 

No comments:

Post a Comment