Wednesday 11 November 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - Walking in a Winter Wonderland (with a cup of coffee...)

Hello there!! Its late at night, the house is very quiet (which is strange because Phoebe has three friends staying over) and I need to stay awake till midnight as the PS5 is being released Thursday 12th November. Max has been talking about it all year (possibly longer) and we missed out on pre-orders, so I have to be ready at midnight with my credit card to try and get one for him. I will be so disappointed if I miss out as we probably won't get another chance till next year, so please cross all your fingers and toes for me....


The 2020 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop is going on right now and they are currently at 690 participants....that's fantastic and there are still a few days to go!!


Funky Fossil Designs is one of the Super Sponsors for the hop so I wanted to create a card or two with a 'coffee' theme:


 I just love these snowmen images from the 'Silly Snowmen' stamp set. One of them is holding up a present and I thought I could have him holding a cup of coffee instead as he wandered thru the snow.

I stamped the snowman on white CS with Gina K Amalgam Black ink, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and then fussy cut out, cutting off the present. I didn't have a coffee up image that was small enough, so using a 0.3 Uni Fineline black pen I had a go at drawing some takeaway coffee cups. It took a few goes and its not perfect but I think you'll recognise it, so I cut it out and glued to his hand.

For the background I blended some Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' very lightly over the 'Birch Forest' stencil on the card front. Using a 'Scallop Frame' die from Pretty Pink Posh, I die-cut it 3x from navy CS, glued them together and then to the card front. I popped the snowman up on foam tape, as well as the sentiment which  was white heat embossed (from the 'Festive Penguins' set) on a strip of red CS. And to finish off I glued on some pearls from Studio Katia.

I've got another coffee card to share with you but will do that tomorrow. I'm going to put on my pjs and hop into bed with my iPad to watch Season 11 of Law and Order. It took me a few weeks to get thru Season 10 but I'm loving it as much as I did back in the 90's, and I even remember some of the episodes!!

Take care

Shona 

5 comments:

  1. wow! what a fun card i love that silly snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling plump snowman. Love your card and scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this snowperson. Such a jolly guy. And he's so warm & toasty with his custom made coffee cup. Have to say I'm finding is difficult to get anything done with my fingers & toes crossed. Hope you succeeded in getting Max's gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Shona, and so beautifully made - did you get the PS5?
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete