Thursday 26 November 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #175

 Hello there!! Its another rainy day here and I've just checked my strawberry patch. My plants are a couple of years old and they were fantastic the last few years but this year they have been attacked by whitefly and something is causing them to go soggy and rot before they are even red. It would seem to be all the rain we've had along with the hot weather that's caused this which is really disappointing. So looks like this is another 2020 sucky moment. Will this year ever end??!!


On to happier things, we have a really cool theme for you at TIME OUT, its all about 'Quick' which could be a quick card, quick thinking or maybe a quick craft purchase.....lots of possibilities!!

We are very excited to have Catherine Pooler as the Sponsor of this challenge and she is giving the winner a $25 gift voucher to her store. She was also very generous with our Design Team, gifting us products to use. Thanks so much Catherine!!

For my card I was sent the cutest stamp set that had me immediately thinking about my own dog and what she does around 'walk' time:


 My Golden Retriever 'Bella' knows exactly what routine I go thru when its time to take her for a walk. If none of the doors of the house are open she runs around the house, looking through the windows/doors to try and spot where I am. If she can see I'm in my bedroom putting on my walking shoes, she stands up on her back legs, paws on the windowsill and watches me while making a crying noise. Can you tell this is her favourite time of the day??!!!

I started by stamping the dog images from Catherine Pooler 'Peeking Pets' stamp set on white CS. I used my Altenew Markers to colour in the grey doggie and then used the 'Peeking Pets Dies'  to cut them out.

I wanted to create windows for these little dogs to look through. Luckily Catherine had also sent me the 'Essentials Slimline Die' which included a rectangle window die. I die-cut the slimline card base from white CS and adhered to the card front. I then cut a rectangle of white CS that would fit within the detailed edging and die-cut the windows. I used a pencil to mark where the windows would sit and blended Distress Inks 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Spiced Marmalade' on the slimline panel. I also stamped the paw prints (from the Peeking stamp set) as if the dogs were running around to look in the windows. 

After putting the window panel on foam tape, I stamped and die-cut some hats for the dogs and glued them on. They were then put in the windows on foam tape. To add a bit of interest to the background I dotted some water and removed with tissue and added Wink of Stella to the hats. To finish off I stamped the sentiment (from Catherine Pooler 'Bloomin Happy') using CP inks 'Orange Twist' and 'Party Dress'. I fussy cut it out, backed with some black CS and put on foam tape, along with some Studio Katia pearls.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge 'Anything Goes'.

 

You have until Wednesday 2nd December to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if your needing some 'quick' ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see your creations in the Gallery!

Take care

Shona

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry your strawberry patch isn't doing well. I know full well what whitefly can do but the fruit getting soggy before it ripens is beyond me. 2020 can't end soon enough for me either. However this card is cute, cute, cute and doesn't look like it was quick at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you used here and such a fun card and suoer way to use the images. Adore the fun hats and the prints-cool idea for the background! And just love you used the sentiment in different colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you used these stamps and dies. Love the sentiment in the middle between the two pups. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete