Tuesday 3 November 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - She is Fierce

Hi there, this is my second blog post for today which is rather unusual. All this rain we've had recently has certainly given me a bit more time to play in my craft area than normal. I could be doing a lot more housework but who wants to be doing that all day??


We recently had a New Release of five new stamp sets at Funky Fossil Designs and its been so fabulous to see how much you've loved them. I wanted to try combining the new 'Doodle Borders' set with one of my favourites and get away from a 'clean and simple' design:

I don't use purple on my cards very often but loved how the girls ombre hair turned out, so I just had to carry on with the purple scene.

I stamped the girl from the 'She is Fierce' stamp set on white CS with Gina K Amalgam Black ink. I used Altenew Artist Markers to colour her in and then fussy cut her out.

On a panel of white CS I stamped the wavy lines from the 'Doodle Borders' stamp set with the same Gina K ink, creating a frame. These were also coloured with the Altenew Markers and I also added some details with a Sakura Gelly Roll white pen. The image of the girl didn't look quite right inside the frame on her own, so stamped the floral image from her stamp set with Altenew 'Deep Iris' ink and then put her on some foam tape. The sentiment (from the same set as the girl) was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS, backed with some lavender CS and put on foam tape, along with some 'Amethyst' pearls from Studio Katia.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my 4th entry.


Time to go put my pj's on and might read some magazines. I actually got a book from the library at the weekend by Jodi Picoult. I have a lot of her earlier books but haven't read any of the recent ones. Decided it might be better for me to read some nights instead of going on YouTube before going to sleep. I find so many interesting things to watch, my 20 mins suddenly turns into 2hrs and its now 1am. And of course then I can't go to sleep, so hopefully a book is a little more relaxing....

Take care

Shona

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're not drowning in NZ. Also, get some sleep, girl, although, your lack of it hasn't dampened your creativity. This gal is awesome.

    ReplyDelete