Saturday 21 November 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post for November #2

 Hi everyone!! The weekend has finally arrived for us here in New Zealand and I couldn't be happier. I've got weeds coming out my ears and people begging me to fit them in where I have no time left. Its nice to be popular but I find it quite stressful as I don't like letting people down...maybe 2021 will be my year of 'saying no' but doubt it, been trying to do that for years....


One of the millions of jobs I have to do this weekend is go thru all my Christmas lights for outside the house. I usually put them up on December 1st and that date is rushing towards me like a bull in Pamploma but so is Christmas itself. I decided this week to do something about my lack of Christmas cards and came up with a quick and easy idea using products from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps:


You should have seen the mess I made creating these, I had white paint EVERYWHERE: curtains, tables, chairs, paint set, clothes, carpet....need to start flicking paint outside from now on....

I wanted cards that I could create quickly but still have a bit of 'flair'. I love the Flakey A2 Panel Die and thought I could make two cards instead of one using it. I die-cut it twice from white CS and then cut across, making sure I didn't cut off the large circle snowflake. I added panels of coloured CS to each of the card bases and then arrange them together on a table. Using some Gansai Tambi white paint, I flicked them all at once with a round brush.


Once they had dried I glued on the snowflake border with Gina K Connect Glue. The sentiments (from 'Snowy Sayings') was stamped in similar coloured ink on white CS strips and backed with CS in a similar but darker/lighter shade. These were put on foam tape and then I added some sequins and jewels from Pretty Pink Posh.


Background dies are always that bit more pricey (for me anyway....) so I'm always excited to find a way to stretch their use. Definitely going to make a lot more of these and think all my gardening clients will like them.

If your thinking of purchasing any of the products I used today or maybe picking up something else (especially from the Clearance Section), you can use my special code to save yourself even more money!


I'm off to untangle hundreds of lights and might even start putting up my home decorations. Its been a horrible year. I love Christmas, especially decorating the house so why not celebrate early with something you love!

Take care

Shona 


2 comments:

  1. Decorate when you want & leave it up as long as you can. You deserve it. After getting that white spatter all over, you should be in the spirit. The cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards Shona - great use of the die cut, and I love your splatters :) - I have not started my Christmas cards, and cannot see myself getting any done with this moving malarkey!!
    The house finally went unconditional on Thursday.... I move on the 5th Dec., so packing this house is now taking priority after having to help pack the rental I will be moving into temporarily. Long story as to why I had to help there.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete