Thursday 29 October 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #173

 Hi everybody!! I've had the craziest week with a million appointments for the kids, rainy days and so much wind its a wonder all my trees are still standing!! Hopefully will get some gardening done today after Phoebe's orthodontic appointment (yes, she still has her braces, will be 4 years in Feb 2021....), will be nice to get a bit dirty.


We have this photo to inspire you at TIME OUT and it offers so many ideas for your projects! You could use the colours, the plants, the wood or maybe the mandala itself......the possibilities are endless....

The Sponsor for this challenge is Altenew and they are giving a $20 gift voucher to the winner. Talk about a fabulous prize!


I was so excited when I saw this photo because it was one of those rare times when I knew EXACTLY what stamps I could use:


 I didn't get too carried away with ideas, I knew I could re-create the photo itself with stamps I had on hand and I love the finished result.

To start off I went thru my paper pads and found some woodgrain paper from Rosies Studio 'Twig and Twine'. I then heat embossed the mandala from Uniko 'Marvellous Mendhi' with Ranger White Embossing Powder. I created a white card base 4 1/2 x 5 inches and popped the paper up on a piece of white foam.

For the succulents in the photo I stamped these images from Studio Katia 'Cactus Hugs' on white CS. I kept the pots white (like the photo) and used Altenew Artist Markers to colour the plants themselves. I cut a strip of gray CS for the shelf and put it on the card front with foam tape. After fussy cutting the plants I glued them to it. To finish off I white heat embossed a sentiment (from Studio Katia 'Birthday Greetings') on black CS, backed it with white CS and put on foam tape, along with some pearls also from Studio Katia.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


You need to link your projects for the TIME OUT Challenge by Wednesday 4th November. And to see some other inspiring projects for this challenge, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our very talented Guest Designer Rahmat of Cards and Cooking Corner have prepared for you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!

Take care

Shona 

4 comments:

  1. so glad the trees are still standing! How wonderful you knew exactly what you wanted to do. I love how the medallion stand out so much against that fab background paper. The succulents are perfectly coloured and I just love the touches of green you added x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect depiction of the inspiration photo. Hope the wind goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, now that's windy!! I am in New Plymouth for the garden festival, just to make you envious :).
    Live your card, that is stunning Shona
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is positively, absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete