Thursday 1 October 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - New Release - Day 3

Hi everyone! I don't know what happened to our lovely, hot Spring weather but I'm sitting here typing this in my Winter pj's and socks, thinking I might light the fire. There was a big frost this morning and supposed to be another one tomorrow (yuck) so will garden a bit later in the morning so things can thaw out. By the weekend we are back to hot sunny days, so no wonder people have been getting sick, so many temperature fluctuations!!


We are on to our third day at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps showing you all the New Release. Today we have a new stamp set with two sentiment dies. Introducing 'Hooray Fri-dies' and 'Sassy Celebration' :


I've used the stamp set and one of the dies from the 'Hooray Fri-dies' set. There is also a 'Celebrate' die included. I wanted to make this a bright, shiny 'party' card and think the stars really set the scene.

I started by using the rectangle die from the 'Pinked Slimline Fri-dies' with some white CS. I then grabbed the 'Stars Fri-dies'  which has 3 different sizes. Using some gold CS from Craft Smith I die-cut the biggest star 4x. I then die-cut the middles of them with the next size star and then die-cut the smallest star from the same gold CS. I used the middle star die on some blue glitter CS and die-cut the smallest star from the middle. This gave me four big stars with a blue and gold star in the middle.

Using Gina K Connect Glue I adhered the stars to the white CS rectangle die-cut and cut off any overhang. I then glued those cut off pieces here and there to carry on the pattern. The panel was adhered to the white card base. I die-cut the 'Hooray' die from a similar blue CS and then 3x from white CS. These were glued together and then to the card. The sentiment (from 'Sassy Celebration') was heat embossed on the same blue CS using 'WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle' embossing glitter. I backed it with the same gold CS and put on foam tape, along with Studio Katia pearls. And gave it more sparkle with Wink of Stella over 'Hooray'.

All of the New Release products are available to purchase now from the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Shop and even though these are brand new, you can still use my code to save yourself 15%!


I also wanted to mention that there is a blog hop going on right now for National Coffee Day. The hop details are on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog. CAS-ual Fridays Stamps are one of the Super Sponsors and if you visit their blog post HERE and leave a comment, you have the chance of winning a coffee prize pack!!

 


I'm off to light my fire before I freeze to death! I'll see you back here tomorrow to show off the last product from the New Release.

Take care

Shona




 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the star background and the fabulous fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty slimline card! Love the stars and the sparkle! Great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do...we wouldn't want all that talent you have to freeze. The weather hasn't disturbed your ability to knock out this sparkly, fun card. It's a party on paper.

    ReplyDelete