Monday 19 October 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #1 for October

 Hello there!! My weekend is just finishing and I'm home from spending the weekend with my Mum. Unfortunately I had to race off early Saturday morning as poor Phoebe had a migraine (luckily the Emergency Room was really busy, so they were able to just give her the usual anti-nausea injection and send us on our way) but I was back with Mum by lunchtime and we watched loads of movies while I coloured stamp images for the rest of the weekend. I haven't stayed with her for nearly six months, so it was so good to talk as much as we wanted without me having to race off to work etc.


I have a card on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today and its a special one:


 October is 'Breast Cancer Awareness Month' and Michele (the owner of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps) is very passionate about making sure we are doing breast checks and reminding others to do so. An early diagnosis can make such a difference and it only takes a few minutes to do the check yourself. She has many stamps and dies that can be used to offer support to loved ones, especially those with cancer.


CAS-ual Fridays Stamps are also Sponsoring the current challenge at 'TIME OUT' and there is a $25 gift voucher up for grabs!! So with also being on the 'TIME OUT' Design Team I thought this was a great opportunity to tell you about the challenge and also remind you to check those breasts!!

For this card I started by using the smaller rectangle die from the new 'Pinked Slimline Dies'  with some dark pink CS. This was adhered to the front of a top folding white card base. I used the pinked-circle die (from the same set) with some light pink CS and glued these in place. I then used the circle die (again from the same set) with some white CS. I used three different shades of pink to stamp the ribbon (from the 'Heart Ribbon' set) on each circle and then pop them up on foam tape.

The sentiment (from the 'Supercalifragilistic' set) was white heat embossed on black CS and put on foam tape, along with sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I hope this not only gives you some ideas for your cards this weekend but also encourages you to do a breast check yourself AND talk to your friends and family about doing it too. Maybe you could make a party out of it!!

Take care, look after yourselves and I'll see you back here again very soon.

Shona

 

2 comments:

  1. My girls are fine, thanks for asking. The sentiment on the card is how I feel about you...so it's one of my favorites, too. Terrific slimline, clean, simple and so heart-felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Shona - and I'm all good too :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete