Friday 2 October 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - New Release - Day 4

Hi there and thanks for popping in! Its nearly the weekend for me and I'm not gardening tomorrow. Taking Phoebe to get her septum pierced (hopefully she won't be too scared, she's been wanting to do it for ages.....) and then taking the kids out for lunch as its the school holidays. Really looking forward to it as we used to do it a lot when they were little but as teenagers they usually aren't available (or maybe they don't want to be seen with their Mum....).

 

Its been fabulous sharing all the New Release products from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps with you over the last few days and we have one more sentiment die to show you. Introducing 'Birthday Fri-dies':


These are such a good size for a card and go perfectly with the 'Happy Birthday' stamp set. For my card I got all girly and pink:


 See what I mean about the size of this die? And the two words aren't connected so you don't have to cut them apart to use them separately.

I used the large dragonfly from the new 'Everyday Dragonflies'  stamp set. I white heat embossed them on white CS and then blended Distress Inks 'Spun Sugar', 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Worn Lipstick' along the wings to create an ombre effect. Once finished I used the matching 'Dragonflies Fri-dies' to cut them out and glued them to the card front.

Using a circle die from the 'Ornament Tag Fri-dies' set I die-cut some light grey CS, adhered to some white foam and glued to the card front. I die-cut the 'Birthday Fri-dies' twice from light pink CS and once from dark pink CS and glued them together so the darker pink showed slightly underneath. I glued them to the circle, covered them with Wink of Stella and then added a coating of Glossy Accents. And of course I had to finish off with some pearls from Studio Katia.

All of these New Release products are available right now from the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Shop and you can even use my code to save yourself 15% on them and any other products, even the Clearance Section where a HUGE amount of products have been just added.


Thanks again for joining me this week and I'll see you back here very soon with some more card ideas.

Take care

Shona 

3 comments:

  1. Hope everything works out well with Phoebe's procedure and that you both have a fun lunch. As for the card, using those dragonfly wings to enhance your gorgeous sentiment was absolutely brilliant. You're the best, girl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! I love the style of the 'Happy Birthday'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the dragonflies to make them the background! SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete