Monday 19 October 2020

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #49

 Hi everyone, this is one very late blog post. It was supposed to have been published a few days ago but life got in the way and then I spent the weekend with my Mum, so finally have a chance to sit at my computer. Was really nice to hang out with her and we talked ALOT. I did manage to make a few cards but didn't go crazy like I normally do when I stay. Good to be nearly all up to date and take some of the pressure off.


Our theme this month at The Flower Challenge is 'Circle/Circles' and you can incorporate them however you like into your project as long as you have a main floral image.

Its also our 4th birthday and there are loads of prizes to be won. We already have some stunning projects in our Gallery and always room for more!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Alex Syberia Design and she also has a prize for the winner. Her digital images are so incredible and she has come a long way in the past year. So excited to be sharing another of her designs with you:


 This is one of the first digital designs that Alex released and I thought it would be perfect for this particular challenge card. I spent ages colouring it in while catching up on tv shows. I'm obsessed with Family Guy at the moment, I've seen nearly every episode numerous times but they still make me laugh. Some of their jokes push the limits of humour but I just love it.

I started off by printing this image on to some white CS. I quickly coloured it first with Altenew Artist Markers and then spent a long time adding shading and depth with my Faber Castell Polychromo pencils. Once I had finished I fussy cut it out.

To incorporate the 'circles' I remembered I had this background die from The Stamp Market. I die-cut it from a similar purple coloured CS and glued to the card front with Gina K Connect Glue. I popped the flower up on foam tape as well as the sentiment from Studio Katia 'Birthday Greetings', which was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS. And to finish off I added some Studio Katia 'Amethyst' pearls.

You have until Sunday 25th October to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our talented Guest Designer Colleen of Irish Rose Creations have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see you in the Gallery!

Take care

Shona 

4 comments:

  1. Your colouring is exquisite! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous card, Shona! The coloring, the background and the embellishment, love everything in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - what a stunning card Shona - love it, it's exquisite
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stunning Shona! such clever use of the circles and that stunning flower is just amazing too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete