Monday 22 April 2019

The Cats Pajama's Challenge #356 - Entry no. 1

Hi everyone!! I hope everyone is enjoying their long Easter weekend. Ours has been full of sickness and now rain, so not the best but I made a huge pile of cards yesterday so that's a bonus. The kids have had terrible colds since Thursday and are slowly coming right. Unfortunately I've woken up this morning not feeling 100% so think I'm coming down with my first cold in 4 years.....yay....
 
The current challenge at The Cats Pajama's is all about 'Spring' which is the total opposite of our weather in New Zealand. We are experiencing a wet Autumn, which makes up for our very dry and hot Summer. So not much 'Spring' inspiration in my garden at present but luckily I had some in my stamps:
 

I started by stamping the floral and bunny images from TCP Stamps 'Family Forever' using Gina K Amalgam black ink. The florals in a pattern on the card front and the bunnies on some white CS. That way I was able to colour them using my Altenew Artist Markers. 

I used a Studio Katia 'Stitched Oval Die' on some black CS and popped up on some black foam on the card front. I fussy cut the bunnies and put them on foam tape. The sentiment (from Verve Stamps 'New Beginnings') was white heat embossed on some black CS and put on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where they have this Mood Board to inspire you.




And will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Beautiful Blooms'.



I've got so many cards to share with you from yesterday, will try to spread them out a bit so not to overwhelm you. Not sure if I'll be able to make any more today, I'm really hoping my cold symptoms will magically disappear.....you never know....

Take care
Shona

 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Easter Bunnies, fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete