Monday 1 April 2019

CASology Challenge Week #336

It poured with rain last night! From around 10pm thru to midday today it bucketed down, which is fabulous for farmers, gardens and ducks but not so much for me to be able to get some gardening done. So I was home today 'Spring Cleaning ' which I think was harder work than gardening!!





The good thing about a rainy day though is that between scrubbing the walls and toilet, I can squeeze in some card making. When I saw the Cue Card for the current CASology Challenge I knew I had to join in. Swimming isn't one of my strong suits but I've always loved the ocean, even wanted to be a Marine Biologist and study killer whales when I was younger but it wasn't meant to be. I even had an 'ocean themed' stamp set that hadn't seen any ink yet, so I definitely had to join in:



I stamped the mermaid, shell and starfish (from Rosie's Studio 'Make a Splash') with Gina K black Amalgam ink on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I coloured them with my Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out.

For the background I wanted to try out some new watercolour CS. Its from a company TAD (The Art Department). I actually used the back of the CS because its smoother (I don't like the usual texture). 

This was a total experiment! I used a big round brush to wet the CS ALOT. I smooshed Distress Oxide inks 'Mermaid Lagoon', 'Broken China', 'Blueprint Sketch' and 'Tumbled Glass' on my Tim Holtz Glass Mat, put my wet brush in a colour and then touched the tip in random spots on the panel. I alternated with the colours until I was was happy with how it all bled together. I then decided to add some flicks of Gansai Tambi in 'Light Gold' for a bit of shimmer.



Once I had dried it with my heat tool, I used the largest Studio Katia 'Stitched-Oval Die' in the middle and also from the front of the card base. I adhered a panel of white CS behind it and inlaid the painted piece. The shell and starfish were glued in place. The mermaid and sentiment were popped on foam tape. And I had to add a few sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge
where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 

I have one more ocean card to share with you and then I'm off to bed. One of my favourite programmes 'The Santa Clarita Diet' has a new season on Netflix and its hilarious. Its about a zombie but she's a cute, funny zombie played by Drew Barrymore...need I say more?!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Jacquie Southas2 April 2019 at 04:56

    Love this, Shona! Your inky ocean is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet & what a wonderful ocean. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete