Friday 26 April 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

I'm still sick and its driving me a bit crazy!! My fevers have stopped but my body is so sore and all the glands have come up in my neck so not really wanting to move much. I feel so terrible because even though the kids don't say so, they must be so bored. They haven't been anywhere all week (although Phoebe is still a bit sick....) and they are back to school on Monday. Hopefully I will be better for the weekend so we can do something together and they both said they would love to go to the movies again to see the Avengers movie with me, so fingers crossed for that!!

Earlier in the week I was playing around with the couple of The Stamp Market stamp sets I have and trying to use them in different ways. I have two other cards to share with you but firstly here is a one-layer CAS design:
 

I think it took me longer to find the solid stamp image than it took to do the whole card!!

I started by stamping the 'hello' from The Stamp Market 'Framed Floral' set in the middle of the card in black. I then stamped the floral image (from the same set) randomly over the card front in the same Versafine black ink. 

For the solid image I used a stamp from Neat and Tangled 'Scandinavian Prints'. I wanted it to be a 'non-perfectly round' circle and smaller than the floral image, so this was perfect. I used 'Mint to Be' ink from Catherine Pooler and 'New Fish in Pond', 'Safe Choice' and 'Happy Go Lucky' inks from Waffle Flower, stamping each circle twice for good coverage. To finish off I glued on some sequins also from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Going around in Circles'.



Its such a beautiful day, I'm going to take Bella for a walk round the block with the kids just to get myself and them moving. I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to it physically but will be just nice to go for a walk with Phoebe and Max, where we quite often have some of our best conversations.....

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty and very elegant with all those flowers. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete