Monday 29 April 2019

AAA CAS Card Challenge #139

I'm still sick!! I can't believe how long this virus is going on for and feel like it will never end......The pain in my body is slowly going which is great but its just the pain in my head and sinuses that's driving me a little crazy. Luckily its raining today so don't feel so bad about missing another day of gardening. And the kids went back to school today. Its very quiet without them here which is good and sad at the same time.....


I think this sketch for the current AAA CAS Card Challenge is awesome, especially for a CAS design. I will probably be entering this one a few times and will try to make a shaker card if my head stops throbbing....

I did manage to make these, another play with my The Stamp Market stamp sets. They have just hit 10,000 followers on Instagram and are having a giveaway. So happy for them, great to see these new companies doing so well:


I couldn't decide which colour combo to use with this design so decided to use both!!



As  you can imagine this was SUPER easy to put together! I stamped the floral frame image from The Stamp Market 'Framed Floral' with Versafine black ink on white CS. I also stamped the sentiments from The Stamp Market 'Feeling Floral' in the same black. I fussy cut these out and a piece of white foam behind them.



I cut some strips of coloured CS, making the pink one smaller. These were glued to the card front with Gina K Connect Glue and the frames popped on top, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. I think this is my 4th entry.

 

There is so much to do around the house. The toilet desperately needs to be cleaned, as well as the bathroom but when I bend over my head screams. Maybe they can last one more day and will tackle tomorrow. Don't think the Queen is visiting today so might be able to get away with it.....maybe I'll stamp and colour instead....by the fire.....with toast.....and watch more Veep......

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. Well not one but two fantastic cards. Love those floral frame stamps, will be checking them out on IG for sure. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hoping you'll join us for future challenges. And maybe come visit our new sister challenge AAA Birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, girl, it sounds like you've got a raging sinus infection brought on by that virus...perhaps seeing a doctor and getting some antibiotics might be a good idea. Despite the toilet needing a scrub, it hasn't hurt your amazing creativity any. Both these cards look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous CAS cards Shona! The colours are really striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. And can’t wait to try it cuz I have that stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Shona. I'm a bit late, but of late life has been hectic here again.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool and pretty design. Love the B&W against the stripey contrast on the back with the bold colors. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete