Wednesday 17 April 2019

Kat Scrappiness April Challenge - Entry #5

Its very quiet in our house at the moment. Max is staying the night at a friends house and Phoebe has a friend staying the night here. The girls are in the bedroom and you hear the odd giggle but they probably won't be out again till the morning, they are so engrossed in their phones and Netflix. So Dave is behind me in the lounge watching some random programme on Netflix while I catch up on some challenge commenting. Talk about an exciting evening!!

I finally finished off a card last night using the third and final image from my new Funky Fossil Designs 'Chubby Unicorns' stamp set. This is what the set looks like:





Aren't they just so cute, wish I could cuddle them all!! And here is my card with the 'unicorn couple', coloured with pastel colours for the Kat Scrappiness April Challenge:


So happy with how this one turned out and will have to send it to a friend so it can be enjoyed by somebody instead of sitting in a box!!

I started by cutting a panel of black CS and adhering to the card front. I then cut a panel of white CS and used some temporary tape to hold the Funky Fossil Design 'Floral Lace Heart Stencil' (the one that has the open area of the heart shape) over top and blended Distress Oxide ink 'Spun Sugar'. I then placed the floral heart stencil piece in the middle and blended over Distress Oxide ink 'Picked Raspberry'. This gave me the two-toned look which I adore!!

I stamped the unicorns on some TAD watercolour CS with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed. I then used Gansai Tambi Pearl Watercolours to colour the tails, manes and horns. Once dry I fussy cut them out.

After trimming the sides of the heart panel I put it on a piece of black foam and then popped the unicorns on foam tape. The sentiment (from SSS 'Love Always') was stamped in black on a strip of white CS and put on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm so looking forward to the four day weekend coming up. We aren't going away anywhere which is a shame. However the kids and I will be going to the movies and I have lots of my own gardening to do. I also have so many new stamps and dies, I want to spend some time trying them all out so I don't feel so guilty about spending all that money......why did I choose such a 'there are new products coming out every month that I need to buy' hobby??!

Take care
Shona
 


 

3 comments:

  1. Oh My! This soooo cute.. I LOve your design and this stencil is delicious.
    Sometimes it's hard to let go of our cards, but, I'm sure it will be treasured by your friend.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all wonder about the monthly new releases...not a cheap hobby. But you're making it all work. Just look at how you're working these darling pudgy unicorns. Cute, cute, cute. And the sentiment fits right in. Hope you have a really busy, productive weekend. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Shona - love it, especially how you have used the stencil(s).
    My garden is sort of ok, but will not get any love this weekend... hopefully i can get some studio time :-) I plan these things and then family and life intervene.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete