Thursday 4 April 2019

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #132

Hello there and welcome back to my blog!! Its been a very strange week here weather wise. The weekend was extremely warm, on Monday it rained but was still warm, Tuesday was a little chilly but was still in my shorts. Wednesday 'Winter Arrived'!!! The past two days have been so cold overnight and in the mornings, its quite a shock. The days have warmed up slightly but my goodness I wish it could have gradually gotten cooler over the last month instead of us still basking in Summer sunshine and warmth!! Good old Mother Nature keeping us on our toes!





Our current challenge theme at TIME OUT is 'Home Sweet Home' and has this photo as the inspiration. Its such a stylish room and has so many different colours and elements to inspire your project!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Altenew and they are giving the winner of this challenge a $20 voucher to their store. They are also celebrating their 5th birthday at the moment. They have a blog hop where there are lots of cards showing off their gorgeous products and lots of prizes to be won, so definitely pop over to their blog!!




For my card I knew I wanted to include a butterfly and also some dark blue just like the couch. In fact I really wanted to use a million different things so really had to edit my design:
 

I enjoyed putting this card together, especially doing the score-lines on the card base. Its something I never think to do on a but it can make such a difference even though its very subtle. Need to put up a note somewhere reminding me to do it!!

I started by stamping the butterfly from Uniko Studio ''English Country Garden - Butterflies' on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS using Versafine black ink. I fussy cut it out and then used markers from Altenew to colour it slightly. I used a light grey for the wings and created more solid black areas with a black marker (similar to the butterfly photo).

I loved the striped pillow on the couch and the couch colour, so using a Waffle Flower 'Sentiment Strip die' I die-cut six strips from a dark blue paint chip. These were glued to the card front with the butterfly put on top with foam tape.

The sentiment (from Altenew 'Wallpaper Art') was heat embossed on a strip of white CS in gold and put on foam tape. I then used my We R Memory Keepers 'Cut and Score Board' to make two score lines above and below the strips. To finish off I glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until Wednesday 10th April to link your projects to the TIME OUT Challenge and if you need any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Bobby of Bits and Pieces have created to inspire you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love that butterfly! It's so pretty! And I love the stripes and the embossed lines. There are some things that are so simple but that make such a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant butterfly, Shona ... gorgeous against the dramatic navy stripes! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Said it before and I'll say it again...you ROCK! This card us even better than the inspiration photo. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, Shona. Fab interpretation of the inspiration. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking card Shona~I love the stripes and bold butterfly. Fantastic placement of sentiment and sequins too~

    ReplyDelete