Monday 14 December 2015

Winter/Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

Happy National Cocoa Day everybody!!!! Who would have thought there was a day dedicated to the yumminess of a hot cup of cocoa and all its trimmings. Great excuse to have as many of them as you want today!!

Its also an extremely exciting day for me as Amy invited myself and Kelly Gettelfinger of Always Stampin' to be 'Cocoa Ambassadors' for National Cocoa Day. I'm afraid I'm one of those strange people who don't drink coffee or tea (or water for that matter), although I do love the smell of brewing coffee. I do love a very sweet, chocolately cup of cocoa though with lashings of whipped cream and marshmallows, so I'm very proud to represent all the cocoa drinkers out there. 

And of course this day falls perfectly into the Winter/Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!

When I knew I would need to design I card with 'cocoa' in mind, I was keeping my eye out for a stamp and die set that would work with this idea. Imagine my surprise when My Favourite Things came out with their 'Hugs in a Mug' stamp set and 'Hot Cocoa Cups' die set. I actually sat on their website waiting for the release and pounced on them with my credit card. Both sets are fantastic and this is what I came up with straight away:



I used the dies to cut the cups and marshmallows from white CS, the hearts from a red paint chip and the cocoa from a brown paint chip. I glued everything into place and added lots of Wink of Stella to the marshmallows. I popped both cups up on foam tape, stamped the sentiment in black and added some clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. Crisp, white, modern and oh so yummy!!

Its such a busy time of year but I hope you do get a chance to take part in the Winter/Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. You could link a card or even leave some comments for the cards you love. There are so many prizes from generous sponsors and the Gallery looks absolutely delicious. So please have a big cup of cocoa (or two) for me today and celebrate this wonderful occasion, with extra whipped cream of course!!

And yay Amy, you've rocked another incredible blog hop, I don't know how you do it all, your a machine with a huge heart!


Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. Love those big red hearts with all the white space :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, you've represented the 'cocoa drinkers' marvelously with your delightful, pretty, heart-warming cocoa mugs! Talk about eye-catching...and the wee marshmallows are a perfect special touch (on your card and on real cocoa, too). Scrumptious! Love this!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona! Love it! I'm celebrating today right now! Happy Cocoa Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Those cocoa mugs are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how beautifully clean and simple your card is! Those cocoa mugs really pop off of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and a sweet and wonderful representative you are. What a richly deserved honor. Amy got it right when she chose you. That card looks good enough to...er...drink. Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! In my favorite colors, too! What an honor, Shona - well deserved, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well worth the effort, these stamps and dies are awesome, another GREAT card Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So delicious, Shona ... I can smell that yummy chocolate from all the way over here! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable Miss Shona...I would love to join you for a cup of hot cocoa right about now! Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete