Wednesday 30 December 2015

Runway Inspired Challenge # 98

I'm back!!!!!!! Hi everybody, its so good to be back on my blog again, I've missed it so much!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with their families and loved ones. Has been fantastic seeing all the photos on Facebook and Instagram. The kids were very happy with all their goodies and I got enough M&M's to last me for six months!

Its was ridiculously crazy leading up to Christmas, even had to work on Christmas Eve day, so was very glad when the holidays began. Have been eating lots and swimming nearly every day with the kids, which has been bliss. Although I need to remember to apply more sunscreen as I'm very brown and sunburnt.... So good not having to race around each day and just relax with the family. Bliss!!

So today I sat down to work out my Design Team commitments for January and suddenly realised I had cards that were due right now....eeek! Luckily it wasn't warm enough for swimming and the kids were out with friends, so I managed to make four cards......and it was so much fun! I even have ideas for more cards, so hopefully its colder again tomorrow....




I saw this photo for the Runway Inspired Challenge today and knew immediately what I could create. I was gluing it together while the kids were asking repeatedly when dinner would be ready, so its amazing it got finished at all:


I loved the pattern on the outfit, almost looks like writing across the fabric and has that perfect black edging on the collar and cuffs etc. So.....I added a piece of black CS to my card front and cut a large rectangle of red CS. After die-cutting 'joy' and 'merry' (from WPlus9 'Hand Lettered Holiday') a few times from white CS, I glued them to the red panel in lines, like the fabric. The panel was popped up on foam tape and one green sequin was the dot on one 'j' to recognise the green in her hat. Clean, simple and modern, just like the ensemble!

I'm off to watch a movie in bed with the kids. This has become a habit each night since the beginning of the holidays, which is lovely as we sometimes all fall asleep in the same bed. Not so good for Dave though if we have taken over our bed...... Luckily I quite enjoy all the kids movies, watched Jurassic World last night, it was awesome!!

Will be back again soon with more cards, if I can keep the kids busy!!

Take care
Shona

8 comments:

  1. So glad you are having a wonderful time over the holiday break Shona. Love your fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it.
    Great design and Movie time sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design! And a christmascard in red-white-green is always perfect... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you back on-line Shona. It's been very hot and dry down your way, so I guess you're hoping for a colder, wetter day for more than one reason! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you had such a wonderful time at Christmas, Shona ... and great to have you back! Fabulous card ... cool, crisp, contemporary! Happy New Year, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you've been missed. Just sayin'. Anyway, think this is a winner girl. Love the inlaid diecuts and that one green sequin. So stylish and fun. Have a great 2016. I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply fabulous and very stylish card! Love your wonderful take on that stunning outfit. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic use of those word dies! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway, and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete