Saturday 5 December 2015

CAS-ual Fridays 'The Clean and Simple Challenge' # 146

Well, its three weeks till Xmas and I feel like I'm less prepared than I was last week....how did that happen??? Life goes on though so I'm sure it will all fall into place in the end.


This is the last challenge of 2015 for the CAS-ual Fridays 'The Clean and Simple' Challenge. Its also only running for two weeks and finishes on Friday 18th December, as we will all be rather flat out that week before Xmas Day.

Our theme this month is 'Snowflakes', which is something I would love for Xmas just once but it will be bbq's and swimming for us in New Zealand. Which does get rather tricky because if you eat too much for lunch, you feel like your going to sink when you go swimming. Thank goodness for water buoyancy!!

I couldn't stay away from my favourite Xmas card colours for this challenge and even made a different shaped card:


Okay, its not that much different in shape but its a bit taller and skinnier than usual (unlike myself.....), so I could fit in my design.

I started off by cutting the middle panel from white CS and die-cutting the three snowflakes. I worked out where the snowflakes would sit over the card front, making tiny pencil marks and added some washi tape down each side. Using my mini-blending tool and Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Salty Ocean I added the colour to the card front. I added lots of foam tape to the panel and popped it over the colour spots.

After die-cutting the 'Merry Christmas' from silver CS, I glued it to the panel and added a few clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for a bit more bling.

The snowflakes are from CAS-ual Fridays 'Flurry Fri-dies', as well as the sentiment die, which is part of the 'Noel Fri-dies'.

I have five challenges I would like to enter:

Color Me Challenge # 100 


Sparkle and Shine Challenge # 19



Fusion Challenge 



Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Let it Snow)

AAA Card Challenge # 53


As I mentioned, you have until December 18th to link your projects to the CAS-ual Fridays 'The Clean and Simple' Challenge and if you need any help with inspiration, the rest of the Design Team have some beautiful cards on the blog. I really hope you get the time to join us and I can't wait to see all the gorgeous snowflakes in the Gallery!!!

Take care
Shona


 

21 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Swooning Shona.
    Gorgeous delicate and serene colours, beautiful die-cut snowflakes and a stunning design.
    thanks for sharing at AAA Cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling happening here. My golly, girl, this card is stunningly beautiful. Stopped dead in my tracks when I saw it. Gorgeousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the negative of the snowflake die cuts ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely lovely, Shona! I pinned it to CASE later. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Melissa - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the inking and the touches of sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS and gorgeous! Love the negative snowflakes and the thin sentiment! So glad you joined us over at Colour Me for their last challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these shades of blue and that elegant sentiment, Shona! This is a great design for our "let it snow" challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Shona, a fabulous design with such pretty negative snowflakes and a gorgeous background colour!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous Shona! I love the white on white and that subtle blending is fantastic! Love love love! Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards too! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card Shona...just love your take with these colors. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous, Shona... I love your collection of snowflakes!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally gorgeous, Shona! Love this tall and skinny card. Thank you for joining us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, Shona! I love all the white with the blue shining in the background. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful snowflakes in the white and blue - love the cut out design and pretty silver die cut sentiment! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crisp, CAS, shimmery and delicious, Shona ... so gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple and elegant!!! Thanks for joining us over at Sparkle & Shine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very stylish card beautifully CAS and love the cool colours.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shona, even though you don't have *real* snow for Christmas, your card more than makes up for it with the stunning snowflakes you've created! Gorgeous...and the die cut sentiment is perfect!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Shona! Beautiful snowflakes and soft coloring = HEAVEN! Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete