Wednesday 9 December 2015

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #174

Welcome everybody to a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!  This is also our last challenge for 2015, so it gives you one more chance to create a few more cards for Christmas, birthdays or maybe a headstart on Valentines Day!!  Our theme for this challenge is:


                                                   CAS (Clean and Simple)


This is my favourite type of card design and I love seeing what other people come up with in the Gallery for this theme.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo Stamps and they are giving 7 digis to the winner. Talk about generous!! 


I was very lucky to get my hands on some new stamps recently and couldn't wait to try them out with a CAS design:


Isn't that hippo the cutest??!!! I used the 'Birthday Friends' stamp set from Happy Little Stampers to create this one-layer card. I was inspired again by the fabulous May Park who is the Queen of creating one-layer backgrounds using small images. She also quite often only colours in the odd image here and there and I think the effect is amazing, so had a go at this myself.

I just randomly stamped the hippo first and then filled in the gaps with the balloons and bubbles. I then used my pencils to add some colour and shading. I tried to put on some sequins but they didn't work at all. Really happy with how it turned out and was quite nice to create a card that wasn't related to Christmas!!

I'm going to link this to the Seize the Birthday Challenge  where I won't be using any 'topping'.


Will also link to the Happy Little Stampers - December CAS Challenge where their theme is 'Favourite Technique'. I love creating a one-layer card by stamping my own background and using my pencils to add colour and shading is so much fun too!!



You have one week to enter your projects in the Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge and if you need any help with inspiration and ideas, the rest of the Design Team have some incredible cards on the blog. I hope you get the time to join us and I can't wait to see the Gallery!!!

Take care
Shona
 

 
  

19 comments:

  1. LOL, this really made me chuckle!!! I think that hippo is super cute and I do like the spot colours in the balloons. Lovely work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this hippo makes me smile! :) What a fun and clever CAS design here Shona!! It's been such a pleasure getting to know you on the ATSM team!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this hippo makes me smile! :) What a fun and clever CAS design here Shona!! It's been such a pleasure getting to know you on the ATSM team!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hippo is absolutely adorable, Shona! I love how you played with your little images on the background, and your coloring is just perfect! Really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Shona. What a fun card. Haven't stopped smiling since I first saw it. You win the best birthday card, EVER, prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome... look at that face!
    Thanks for joining Seize the birthday Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This background is just adorable, Shona! Fun CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card! Love the coloured balloons! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore what you've done with this sweet hippo, Shona! My nephew would love this card with the bubble-blowing *grin* hippos! Toooo cute!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is absolutely the cutest Shona! I love your CAS design with a pop of color! Thanks for linking up with us over at Seize the Birthday in the middle of the holiday season...we sure appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this design and coloring only a few to keep it CAS. So cute!

    Toni
    HLS CAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH no....this is just too cute!!! I love those fabulous elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and fun, Shona ... such adorable hippo's with their pops of colour balloons! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card. Love all the cute hippos. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving this Shona, you've rocked Kylie's fabulous creations here. Great idea to use selective colouring too. Thanks for linking up at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just so cute ..... love the little hippo. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete