Thursday 10 December 2015

Time Out Challenge # 46

Welcome everyone to a new challenge at TIME OUT.  This is our last challenge for the year and I really hope you get a chance to play along with us!!! We have a very festive photo to inspire you:


                                                    HOME SWEET HOME



This is such a gorgeous wreath and I love all the different sized baubles and colours used, the Gallery for this challenge is going to be full of Christmas goodness!!

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is the amazing Sonja of The Art of Stamping. You will no doubt have seen her cards around blogland. Her designs are so beautiful, I'm such a huge fan! Its a real pleasure having her with us!

I was immediately drawn to the colours and baubles on this wreath and decided to create my own:



 
I found two little circle dies from Clearly Besotted 'Simply Quilled' die set and cut paint chips in green, red, light pink, teal and also some silver CS. I then assembled my wreath using double-sided tape and glue. I stamped the sentiment (from Neat and Tangled 'Merry Little Christmas') in red and glued on some co-ordinating sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

You have two weeks to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and the rest of the DT have some amazing cards on the blog to help with your inspiration. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

 

14 comments:

  1. So sweet and seemingly simple. Adorable! And I love it when you get your paint chips out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was surely very fun to make! I love the color palette. Cool card!

    ReplyDelete

  3. love this! Great take on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant. The use of paint chips is always fascinating to me. They always have such great colors but you really know how to put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use all those circles. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty wreath Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I said on Instagram - this is such a fun wreath! Love how you've added the untraditional pink and teal to the color palette. And thanks for the shout out, the kind words and the link to my blog. So happy to guest design for Time Out for these two weeks. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic interpretation of the photo, Shona! I've scrolled back and love the other beautiful CAS creations you've been designing! So much inspiration here!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful wreath, Shona, and, as is your way, a most innovative take on the inspiration photo! Love it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Shona...just love your beautiful wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Contemporary, crisp and CAS, Shona ... what a fabulous wreath! Love how quite a few of us were so similarly inspired, yet created such different looks! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card looks so crisp...beautiful! Fun to see some of the DT-cards go in the same direction and jet look so different! Hope your weekend was good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant! I just love the colours you used for the wreath - perfect take on the inspiration photo! Jill

    ReplyDelete