Sunday 27 September 2020

Uniquely Creative - September 2020 - Mini Stamp and Colour Kit - One of a Kind

 Hi everyone, fingers crossed your enjoying your weekend and have some good weather floating around. We had a gorgeous day yesterday that turned into a massive storm during the night. It kept me awake for hours because I was imagining something smashing through the windows or our roof suddenly ripping off. Luckily none of that happened and today is still a bit windy but the sun is out and the temperature quite lovely.


We have a new mini kit for you from Uniquely Creative - 'One of a Kind' which features the last of the Platypus sets and of course work in beautifully with the other two. This time there is no patterned paper but lots of earthy coloured cardstocks and some chipboard elements to play with.

I'm really enjoying the sentiment packs in the kits, so easy to cut them out and add to a card. For this one I couldn't choose which sentiment to use so made a feature of them all:

The platypus images are so much fun to colour in and have never coloured a protea flower, so it was nice to do something different!!

I stamped the platypus image (from the 'One of a Kind' stamp set which can be purchased on its own) twice on white CS with Gina K Amalgam Black ink, coloured with my Faber Castell pencils and used the 'One of a Kind - Fussy Cutting Set' to cut one of them out. The other one I just wanted the flower so fussy cut that myself with scissors.

I used a panel of the beige CS from the kit and adhered to the card front. I then used one of the 'Frame Dies' with the chocolate coloured CS from the kit, die-cutting it 3x and gluing them together. I worked out which sentiments would fit within the frame and glued them behind it. This was popped up on a piece of black foam. All I had to do then was adhere the flower and platypus in place and add some 'Peach Pearls'. I also used the 'Clear Sparkle Brush' on the flowers for a bit of sparkle.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Animal Antics'.


 

And will also link to The Cat's Pajama's Challenge #372 where their theme is 'Animals'.


 

Check out the Uniquely Creative Blog  for tonnes of card ideas and I'll see you back here soon with another card from this kit.

Take care

Shona


1 comment:

  1. Love that precious platypus. Simply darling & love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete