Saturday 26 September 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and Catherine Pooler Blog Hop!!

Hi there!! We have a fantastic blog hop for you to enjoy today between Catherine Pooler and CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!! 

If your following the blog hop from the beginning you should have arrived here from the amazing blog of Chrissie Tobas where I know she will have dazzled you with her project. For a full list of the Blog Hop participants you can find it on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog  and Catherine Pooler Blog.  Both companies are giving away a $30 gift voucher to their store, so the more comments you leave along the hop, the better your chances are to win!!

The CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team were extremely lucky to have received inks from Catherine Pooler to use for our projects. If you've never used their inks I highly recommend you try them out. There is something magical about them, the coverage is incredible, even after the first stamp, they blend beautifully and you can even watercolour with them. See what I mean about magical??

I created two cards for you today so you could see different ways to use them, along with our CAS-ual Fridays Stamps products:


These are all the inks I received, they are all part of the 'CP Minis - Carnivale'. I used them all here (along with my own CP ink 'Party Dress') with the 'Time for Coffee' stamp set, so I could show off all the colours. Unfortunately when I went to arrange this photo I dropped the 'Limoncello' on the card, hence the big yellow splodge on the top left clock. Doh!!

For the sentiment I used one from the same stamp set and heat embossed it using 'WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle' embossing powder. I also die-cut the 'coffee' from the 'Coffee Cup Fri-dies' from white, black and gold CS and glued them together so you could see each colour. And I finished off with gold pearls from Studio Katia.


 For my second card I did a spot of watercolouring!! I heat embossed the 'Heart to Heart' stamp set using 'WOW! Totally Teal Embossing Glitter' on Strathmore Watercolour CS. I then watercoloured the images using the 'All That Jazz', 'Mardi Gras' and 'Be Mine' CP inks. The panel was popped up on a piece of white foam on the card front. I die-cut the 'hello' from the 'Sweet Friends Fri-dies' 3x from dark teal CS, glued them together and then to the card. The sentiment (from the 'Terrific Flowers' stamp set) was white heat embossed on pink CS and popped on foam tape. I decided with all the sparkle it didn't need any more embellishment!

Your next stop on the hop is the wonderful Susan Powell  who has some stunning projects to share with you.

Don't forget to leave your comments and the winners will be announced on the Catherine Pooler Blog and CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog next Tuesday. Good luck, enjoy the hop and I hope it inspires you to get crafty this coming weekend!!

Take care

Shona 
 

53 comments:

  1. Love both cards. The clocks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards!!!! You rocked it girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are both awesome cards. Those CP inks are one of my favorites, too, and you really used them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous cards Shona! I love the added bling of the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards do love the coffee card and awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coffee card. Great colors on both. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your talent. Nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are great. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. No more waiting for coffee! I love the watercoloring on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. Like how you used all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The color combos are fantastic! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are awesome but I LOVE that coffee one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty cards! Love the designs and color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your cards are huge winners. I laughed at the coffee one and I agree with it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors on the hearts card, they go so nice together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marisela Delgado said: Such beautiful cards! So pretty! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Casual Fridays was one of my first stamp set purchases in 2008! Love both of these companies and the products they offer. Lovely cards and great design ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll bet the heart card is spectacular in real life with the teal embossing glitter. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bright colors with the heart design. I like that the ink pads are on the smaller side.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your cards but my fave was the coffee card...my drink of choice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your great, unique designs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool! Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card makes me wish I liked coffee lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both cards. Totally agree with coffee card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome work Shona - love your use of the inks - they are so vibrant, and I love what CP inks I have too
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Shona, love them both but super love your coffee one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how you shared your color choices with the card samples.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love both the cards. The coffee card is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards! Just bought gold embossing glitter...can't wait to try it out,!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cards, love the time for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both the cards are so beautiful, love the watercoloring on background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both cards are pretty I really like all the glitter in the second card, absolutely love Catherine Pooler ink pads

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes for sure...coffee anytime. Cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really like that card for "coffee o'clock." And you're right, great colors to have fun with!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute cards! I love those colors with the teal glitter

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cute cards. I love the colors of the second card- and the background heart stamp is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What wonderfully clever cards! Love your fun designs and use of these bright, happy colours! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your fun cards. That first one reminds me of my days these last few months -- coffee, coffee, coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the color wheel. Great
    way to show off the new colors.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like the colors on your fun and pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely cards! A wonderful collab!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such fun cards, Shona, especially the first one. Actually, I had not noticed the yellow splodge until you mentioned it lol.

    ReplyDelete