Tuesday 29 September 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - New Release - Day 1

 Hi everybody!! I'm so very excited to share the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps New Release this week!


There are two stamp sets, one with matching dies, some sentiment dies and a huge new die set which we are showing off today. Introducing the 'Slimline Pinked Fri-dies': 

                                          
 

Slimline cards are all the rage these days, so I'm over the moon to have this set to play with. Also you know how much I love die-cutting, I've got pages of ideas on how to use all the different dies in this set. You definitely get a lot for your money and the possibilities of projects to be made are endless!

For my card I've been getting a little worried about how little Christmas cards I have in my stash, so thought this was a perfect time to put one together:


The circle dies that come with this slimline set fit perfectly with so many other dies and sentiments. You will see me using them ALOT!

I started by creating a white slimline cardbase and die-cutting some white CS with the pinked edge die. This was adhered to the card front. I then die-cut the smaller rectangle die (again from white CS). I used the larger circle die to cut three windows from it. I also die-cut 3 snowflakes from the 'Funky Flakes Fri-dies'. I wanted the snowflakes to sparkle so I pressed them into my Versamark ink pad and heat embossed them with 'WOW! Metallic Silver Sparkle Embossing Glitter' . I did it twice so the coverage was good and thick.

Using Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean' and 'Chipped Sapphire' I created an ombre effect from light to dark blue (blue and white is one of my favourite Christmas colour combos). Once I was finished I used foam tape to add it to the card front and also to pop up the snowflakes in the windows. To finish off I used the same embossing powder with the sentiment (from 'Snowy Sayings'), backed with navy CS and put on foam tape, along with silver pearls from Studio Katia.

All of the New Release products are available RIGHT NOW in the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Store and you can use my special code with them to save 15%!!


Thanks so much for coming by, I hope you've fallen in love with this new die set as much as I have, and I 'll see you back here tomorrow to show off another gorgeous new stamp set.

Take care

Shona

 


 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is just beautiful in a slimline format. Love the ombre blues with thos glittery snowflakes. Looks like everything dovetailed perfectly into this gorgeous Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the shading and your use of the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Christmas card design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! I love the shiny silver snowflakes!! Wonderful collab :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blues! I LOVE the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the ombre colors of blue with the silver snowflakes and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete