Monday 7 September 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - September New Release Previews - Day 1

Hi everyone!! I've so been looking forward to today as we have some new stamp sets being released at Funky Fossil Designs!!





We have five new stamp sets to share with you this week and they will be available to purchase this Saturday 12th September!!

Our first stamp set is 'Silly Snowmen':




These are the cutest snowmen and they're very busy with all their sledding, ice-skating and present wrapping. I can really relate to them, think its their  roundness!! I just love him on his skates so decided to make him a star:


This was my first time using this 'In the Spotlight' stencil and I wish I had purchased it ages ago. Its so simple yet really does look like a big light beaming down...genius!!

Firstly I stamped the snowman with Gina K Amalgam Black ink, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out. I then cut a panel of black CS and using Hero Arts 'Unicorn' White Pigment Ink I blended thru the stencil. While it was drying I used a pencil to draw inside the bottom of the spotlight on to some silver Craft Smith 'Holiday Foil'. I cut it out and glued in place so the ice was a bit more shimmery. 

I felt like the card needed more so I used the same pigment ink with the snow image and stamped as if snow falling down. I adhered the panel to the card front and put the snowman on some foam tape. I stamped the sentiment on lavender CS with Versafine Onyx ink and immediately clear heat embossed with SSS embossing powder. I backed it with some white CS and put on foam tape, along with some purple iridescent sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I hope you love this new set as much as I do and can't wait to show you more tomorrow. Pop over to the Funky Fossil Designs Blog to see what Sarah and the rest of the Design Team created with this set too.

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Shona - love the spotlight technique and you have used it to perfection!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hesitating over the spotlight stencil on my last shop at Funky Fossil - wish I'd bought it now! Love these round little snowmen having the time of their lives in the snow :) Such a good idea to spotlight the skating one like this and genius to use the foil as the skating rink.

    Glad I'm not the only one that gives her dog items of clothing because she can't resist them. Sending ear scritches and pats to Bella, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These snowpeople are coming home to live with me. Can you say, adorable. Love how you spotlit this one...so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!! What a great card. It is like those ice shows.
    Love this.

    ReplyDelete